Upcoming idea for next weekend's Podcast (11/5)

Started by Rico, October 30, 2006, 09:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Thinking about doing a Star Wars podcast (been awhile) and covering the Clone Wars cartoon series next weekend.  Thought it might be a fun change of pace - especially for the SW fans.  What do you guys think?

Trekkygeek

Like the idea of a Star Wars podcast, but is the Clone wars cartoon popular enough to warrant a whole show? Maybe a shorter midweek show :)
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Rico

It was pretty popular over here.  Plus there are two series to cover - with more to come.  More than enough for a podcast.

Trekkygeek

Okay,I stand corrected. And you never know, I may enjoy it more than I think, I was dubious about your farscape podcast as I had never seen it. But I really enjoyed the podcast and am now actively on the lookout for it.  :cheers
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Bryancd

Yeah, I liked the Clone Wars a lot. I think there is plenty there to make a show of. They gave a great backstory for ROTS and had some good, gritty stories. I never did care for that form of anime, though.

Geekyfanboy

I'm all for the Clone Wars Podcast... it was a nice addition to the Star Wars Universe.

jedijeff

I think that doing Clone Wars is a terrific Idea, I am looking forward to the podcast.

RichardMEL

Just FYI the Clone Wars cartoon never made it to free to air TV here. It was burried on cable on The Cartoon Channel (I believe) so I am not sure how many people saw it. Indeed I only saw an episode and promptly forgot about it (oops!).

Still, look forward to hearing more in the podcast!

Rico

Quote from: RichardMEL on November 02, 2006, 07:23:59 AM
Just FYI the Clone Wars cartoon never made it to free to air TV here. It was burried on cable on The Cartoon Channel (I believe) so I am not sure how many people saw it. Indeed I only saw an episode and promptly forgot about it (oops!).

Still, look forward to hearing more in the podcast!

It never aired on "free" TV in the USA either.  It only showed on the Cartoon Network.  But it is out on DVD now.

Trekkygeek

You see Rico, now you've got me all curious and am looking forward to your next podcast. I knew that would happen :)

Jobydrone

I thought it was pretty cool how the character of General Grievous had a hacking cough that was never explained, unless you happened to see the second season of the animated clone wars series.  I look at this as one of the many ways George Lucas is saying to the truly dedicated Star Wars fans:  "I know you're out there taking in every little detail of these movies I'm making.  Take this."
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx