Sponsors Needed Please

Started by QuadShot, September 14, 2010, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadShot

Hi gang,
So, Joyce and I (ok, mainly Joyce) have decided to do a 1/2 marathon! The PF Chang's Rock-n-Roll Marathon here in Phoenix also has a 1/2 marathon and we're going to take a stab at it. Now, I USED to be an athlete, a few years ago, then had major issues with my shoulder which resulted in 4 surgies, the last a total replacement.  So, we thought it's time for me to get back into some sort of shape, well, other than round. Joyce (my lovely wife) read that the PF Chang marathon was coming back here in Jan, 2011 and suggested we go for it. Now, the entrance fee is a whopping $115.00 each, so we thought we would hit our friends, er, I mean ask our good friends if they'd like to sponsor us. Of course, we're not asking for you to help without offering somthing in return.  My undying love! Ok, AND some cool Disneyland trinkets, and a special thank you on our podcast (Tales From The Mouse House).  Plus, any and all money sponsored over and above the $230 entrance fee, Joyce and I will donate to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation.  This has a personal attatchment for us, as Joyce's mother has survived breast cancer twice now. For more information, you can visit our podbean site at talesfromthemousehouse.podbean.com.  We'd love to enable you to help! :) You can donate via PayPal on our podbean site (like the wonderful Meds from the Waffle On podcast has already done - THANK YOU MEDS!), or you can email us directly for other donation methods at talespodcast@cox.net.  Thanks in advance my friends!!!

Rico

Sounds like a great cause and good plan.  Good luck to you both!

QuadShot

Thanks Rico, and thanks for the sponsorship! I'll send your Disneyland "trinket" to the home address :) You guys all are a great bunch! I'll take photos and videos throughout out training, and have someone document the race, and post here! Al

Bryancd

I'm there for you both, Al! I have another friend who also signed up today. I may do the full marathon, I have run it twice before.

QuadShot

Hey thanks Bryan. We may need your help with the training. I've never trained for anything like this and it's been 4+ years since I've really trained hard for anything. I used to be a major player in the Scottish Highland Athletics, in fact I was about a season away from turning professional but my shoulder blew out.  Four years and four surgeries later, I got soft and am carrying a new titanium shoulder!!