Help defend an outpost. Be a Klingon Away Team member.

Started by Jen, April 11, 2007, 10:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Just thought I'd start posting updates to the RPG story here. If you wanted action in the story, its there now.

The Tiberius has been sent by Starfleet Command, to investigate an outpost that they lost contact with. A Klingon vessel has come to help us investigate. After the Tiberius arrived in orbit, sensors detected weapons fire on the surface. Two away teams, made up of security officers and Klingon warriors, have beamed to the surface of Altair III to defend the settlers. Upon arrival in the central complex the away teams discovered a massacre. They are currently searching for aggressors known to still be on the surface.

If you're character is not apart of the away team, you can still take part in the story. Tell us the story from the Klingon away team's perspective. Create a Klingon NPC character and give us some detail about what they are seeing/feeling. Or write about what's going on on the Tiberius while the away team is on Altair III.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Nice summary.. you should record it and send it to Rico for his podcast.

Jen

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on April 11, 2007, 11:02:49 AM
Nice summary.. you should record it and send it to Rico for his podcast.

Angela and I are recording on Sunday...We're working on a "lead in" for his show. I'll add my RPG summary to the mix. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Hi Everyone! If you don't want to read everything in the RPG, just read these short posts and you'll know what's going on right now:

-The last paragraph of  Reply #186 on pg 13 by StarTrekFanatic,
-On pg 13 Reply #187 by Moyer 777
-On pg 13 Reply #191 and #194 by Jen
-And Page 14 (which is only a few short posts long).

New Update:
The Tiberius has now detected an alien vessel, of origins unknown, in orbit around Altair III.

Note:
Its never too late to join the game. If you've been interested in the RPG but are unsure if you want to make a commitment to create a character then just create an NPC (Non-player character). They don't need as much attention. Again there is an away team of Klingon Warriors on the surface, as well as unknown aggressors who have attacked the outpost. You can invent a species for the aggressors if you would like to play one of them for a while. This game is all about creative license, its not at all like a table top roll playing, there's no Dungeon Master directing the whole story right now... its more like creative writing.

Feel free to create a temporary character in one of these two groups if you want to test drive the RPG. If your already a member of the game, and you don't want to play very much, write from the perspective an NPC.

RyanLb mentioned that, though he would like to play, he has become too busy lately to pop into the storyâ€"he has to stop playing for a while.

I agree, real life should ALWAYS come first. If your currently a RPG member and can't play because you've become busy with the real life problems, we completely understand and want you to take care of business.  :)

We'd be happy to but your character in "stasis" if you think you might come back, or "off them" if you don't want some one else to write for your character.  If you're not coming back, we need to fill your character's position on the ship with another person. If you can't play for a while or don't want to do this anymore, please let us know in the "Out Of Character Section" like Ryan did, so that we know to stop pitching to your character in RPG posts.

It really is OK if you don't want to play, just let us know. You can always change your mind if you want to come back later.  ;)

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast