Show #21 - Big Skype call show now up!

Started by Rico, January 15, 2006, 07:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This week's Podcast is mainly a conversation between myself and three members of the forum.  I had a great time talking to these guys last week and made it the main part of this week's Podcast.  Enjoy!    :biggrin    :phone

Geekyfanboy

Hey Rico.. that didn't turn out as bad as I thought. It's different when you are recording it, then hearing it. I thought we talked over each other alot while recording it, but after listening to it.. it wasn't that bad. Thanks again for doing that, It was alot of fun.

Rico

Yeah - it was.  We will do it again sometime in a couple weeks I'm sure.  I've got a few tweaks to improve the audio now even more.

Geekyfanboy

cool.. count me in on doing it again and the audio wasn't that bad for a first try.

Fanboy

Neat stuff guys!  Great hearing from you all.
"I aim to misbehave."

De

Interesting change of pace from the regular shows, but I'm not sure if the "McLaughlin Group" format works as well as a podcast format.  Maybe it'll grow on me :-)  It was neat putting voices to names.

Rico

Just mixing it up a bit.  Next week's show will be more the "normal" format.

Chief

Awesome show. I liked it a lot. It was a nice change of pace and I loved listening to all of you.

How on earth did I miss the conference with you guys!!  :(

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

Rico

Next time you'll have to join us Morex! 

spock

Sry I couldnt join in either :( Its good to hear you guys voices tho.
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

RicSantiago

:ohwell
IMHO, the format of a informal conversation of more than 2 people - without one seeing the others and so without knowing if they are asleep or willing to jump in - leads to too much "yeah"s and breaking ins and "go ahead"s.

My suggestion would be more like a "round table discussion", with some questions passed to participants in advance.
Then the moderator (Rico) would pass "the mike" or pass the stage to each one in turns (one turn or 2 turns per question). That would keep the richness of different views and different voices, without the confusion.

And I am also volunteering to participate, too, if it is done on a Saturday. I got the required skype and wide-band connection.

:vulcan
Take care, you all, Live Long and Prosper - remembering to cherish Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.

Rico

Again, it was a first attempt.  Wasn't sure who was going to make it for the call.  I've got several good ideas to improve it for the next go round.  Thanks for all the suggestions gang.   

spock

I still have to listen to it. :old_bash:
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Riskygodfather

O god, I sounded so much younger than everyone. My voice is so high pitched. AHH!!
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out