Any thoughts on kotobukiya pieces?

Started by Tatooine_Todd, August 26, 2007, 07:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatooine_Todd

Hey all,
     I have a kotobukiya Boba Fett coming from Master Replicas, and have pre-ordered some other pieces (Storm Trooper, Sand trooper, Scout, Snow, etc...) and was wondering what everyone thought of them.  My Fett arrives tomorrow, I'm kinda excited, but I haven't seen much talk of them around the forums.
Todd
From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto or might be if I start having a motto.

Rico

I think they are really nice.  I only have the Darth Vader but I'm tempted by quite a few others coming out soon.  Jedijeff here on the forums has a few I know and likes them too.  I think they are a great bargain.

Tatooine_Todd

That's good to hear.  I'm very excited to get a hold of all the Storm Trooper variants coming later this winter by Master Replicas.  They all look very cool.  If this Boba Fett looks anywhere near as good as the pics on their site, I'll probably end up ordering the Commander Bly they have in stock also.

From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto or might be if I start having a motto.

jedijeff

I have 11 Kotos and really like them. I think Boba Fett is my favorite out of all of them so far. For the price they are, I think they display very nicely compared to more expensive Statues and Props. The Grievous coming out in 2008 I am very excited about. I find these Display very nicely in the Ikea detolf shelf's. Here is an old picture from last year of Some Kotos, I have since gotten more and another Detolf

Tatooine_Todd

Hey Jedijeff,
      Those look great!  I went ahead and ordered the Commander Bly today, base on the positive recommendations (I was probably going to anyway, just needed an excuse).  Boba Fett should arrive tomorrow. 

I pre-ordered the Grevious, along with the other Storm Troopers, it was way to cool to pass up.  I also have the Vader pre-ordered.

Todd

P.S.  Those shelves are awesome, I may need to make a run to Pittsburgh.

iceman

jedijeff

Yes, They are the Detolf Shelfs from IKEA, which now come in 3 colors and a cheaper price :)

US Link
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055

Canadian Link
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10011055

Tatooine_Todd

Hey Jedijeff,
     Are the Kotobukiya pieces offered as pre-order on Master Replicas re-releases by Kotobukiya, or something new?  They look the same as some I've seen selling elsewhere.
Thanks,
Todd

jedijeff

I believe that they are the same pieces that have been released before, just that MR has gotten the rights to Distribute them in North America. Dark Horse used to distribute these, so Master Replicas may have taken over that agreement, and part of that is re-releasing the older pieces.

Tatooine_Todd

Thanks for the info.  I have a bunch on pre-order, it's nice to spread the wallet hit over a couple months.