GG Dooku/Asajj upcoming Statue

Started by Rico, August 24, 2007, 12:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Wow!  This looks cool.  Previewed at Comic Con and coming from Gentle Giant.

billybob476

I like the very prominent no pictures sign. Cool statue though they sure make Ventriss very...ummm...curvy.

Rico

I found this over on the Star Wars Action New Forum.  I really like the look of the statue.  It will be interesting to see the finished product.  And those no picture signs are kind of silly.  I mean, why bring it to a con to show it off and then say --- oh wait, no pictures!

Geekyfanboy

Yeah they started doing the "no pictures" a few years ago. It has something to do with the Flash... they don't mind if you take video.

jedijeff

I agree as well that Asajj is very curvey. Looking forward to seeing a painted Version.

Jen

The forms are very interesting. There's a lot of life in that sculptureâ€"it really is a beautiful piece. I like the fact that she's normal looking...Athletic yes, but well proportionedâ€"no busty/skinny ridiculousness.

I always pictured Assajj as more evil looking. Maybe the paint job will bring that across. But then again, her pose suggests that she's seductive and manipulative. Who needs a paint job to drive home the "evil" point, when her stance does such a great job of  telegraphing that aspect of her character? :D
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Dan M

I love that statue.   I can't wait to see it painted.

Here's the image it was based on.

Rico

Looks like this is getting somewhat closer.  Entertainment Earth is taking preorders.  Due out, June 2008!

Here:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GE10193

Jen

Yep...she looks pretty evil now that they painted her. Very cool statue.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

I don't collect many statues.. but this one is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!