Anyone reading comics currently?

Started by Rico, July 14, 2007, 09:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locutus

Quote from: Tatooine_Todd on August 26, 2007, 07:29:42 AM
I subscribe to a few Marvel titles, Ironman, New Avengers, and Uncanny X-men, mainly for my kids, but I read them also.  They don't seem as fun as they were when I was growing up.  Most of them seem like soap operas with very little action until the last cliff hanger page. 

That's why i don't read Marvel.

Try DC. The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Teen Titans, Action Comics, Booster Gold - all high action titles, especially GL. Also, Justice League, and Justice Society. Great fun. And Legion of Super Heroes is very relatable for kids.
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

I've been reading "The Boys" by Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson (Transmetropolitan).

It's about a group of people who keep superheroes ("supes") in check. Definitely not for kids, though. There are some pretty adult themes as well as graphic scenes of all sorts. Despite that, it's really well put together and has Ennis' wicked sense of humor.

wraith1701

How's it going, 3 Ducks.  I've checked out a couple of issues of The Boys, and I agree-- it is a pretty well constructed book.  And you can't go wrong with Ennis (I especially liked his recent Ghost Rider Mini... pretty wicked stuff!). 
I've been collecting a number of titles on and off for years, but lately, I haven't had time to read them all.  As a result, I've accumulated quite a pile of comics waiting to be read.  Some titles that I buy- Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, Buffy Season 8, and  Star Wars: Legacy.  I also picked up the last few issues of IDW's Star Trek: Klingon book. 

One of these days, when I have a few spare hours, I plan on getting caught up.  Some day... 

Locutus

The Boys is a great comic. It deconstructs superheroes the way Watchmen deconstucted comic storytelling.

I have a bad comics monkey - $25 to $40 a week. But it's mostly limited series.
Admiral Piett: Impossible! Are calcs proves us otherwise.
" Blalock's 'Shadow Puppets' To Get California Release" <-- Best headline ever on this site.