Writing 101 (Characters and Plot)

Started by Jen, July 27, 2008, 05:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

I've been reading about 5 different books on the topic of character creation, and plot and character development. I have asked this question once before, but I only got one response. Is anyone interested in hearing what I've learned? I've been toying with the thought of recording a few 'specials' on the topic, or writing points to keep in mind and posting them here. But I don't want to spend a lot of time doing this if no one is interested in learning more about the craft of writing. Let me know if you are, I'd be more than happy to share what I've learned.

:cheers
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

I'm very much interested.  Anything to help me would help :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

wraith1701

Meds

Same here, even though i write for several people learning more about the craft is always welcome. Plus character development is always important and it would be a good reference to come back to not only for us RPGers but for future joiners.

Rico

Love to hear it Jen.  Always looking to improve in that area.

ElfManDan

I'd be very interested. I spend a lot of time writing stories and scripts. I know there is always room in my writings for improvement.

moyer777

Count me in.  I love learning about this stuff!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

X

Jen

OK, I guess I'll write it up here and try to mention it on the Ready Room as well. I think what I'll do is make one post per topic, just to keep it organized.  If I have anything to add to that topic (like character development) in the future, I'll modify the post and let you know that I tweaked an old post via the OOC or the Ready Room.  :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Great thanks for doing this Jen. You're a star  :Bow:

wraith1701