Wolverine: Old Man Logan comic story line

Started by PepperDude, January 03, 2009, 06:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PepperDude

The guys at my favorite comic book shop told me that the Wolverine comic book had very good writing. A few months back they recommended that I read the current ongoing story line, Old Man Logan, written by Mark Millar. The story is set about 50 years in a future where all the superheroes were defeated and supervillains rule over the U.S. Wolverine sets off on a cross-country journey with Hawkeye out of necessity. But Wolverine will not get pop his claws ever again--he hasn't done so for the past 50 years and nobody knows why. . .

So I gave it a try and liked the story (and art) from the very start. Anybody reading it? Has anyone read this month's issue? I was somewhat taken aback when Wolverine told his story of why he will not pop his claws ever again. I was not expecting it. Maybe if I'd read more Wolverine in the past I would've seen it coming. It was still an intense issue especially for a super hero comic.

X

This last issue was bot shocking and very cool to read.

wraith1701

Quote from: PepperDude on January 03, 2009, 06:05:31 PMI was somewhat taken aback when Wolverine told his story of why he will not pop his claws ever again. I was not expecting it. Maybe if I'd read more Wolverine in the past I would've seen it coming. It was still an intense issue especially for a super hero comic.

I finally got to read the last 2 issues, and you're right; the incident was pretty messed up.  I'm kind of torn on whether or not I believe  the situation would play out like that though; I'd imagine that after the first person, the rest of the team would be able to take him down.  I'm enjoying the series though; it's cool to have an ongoing Wolverine storyline that doesn't conflict with current X-Men continuity.

PepperDude

I thought the same thing you did wraith. I think the X-Men should've been able to take him down. But it's still a good series.