How to Survive a Zombie Holocaust

Started by ElfManDan, July 08, 2008, 12:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

We use three on The Danger Signs shows. The main one is a Sony (about £2000) and the other two are normal hand digital cameras. The one is used to film The Egg mini film was a digital sony Handycam and it was great.

ElfManDan

I really wish I could get a really nice camera, but I am running with a low budget (I got College this fall to worry about). So I have to improvise a lot to make the film I want. I have to write the script as something I can do. I can't expect it to be a high quality film, but I try to get the best quality out of it as I can.

Meds

Oh you'd be suprised (we're lucky with our main camera because our producer works for the erm ahem government in the media section so discount available). I've found that the main problem is lighting especially in Engkland you can have sun one minute the rain so to combat that and get the best quality i transfered the footage ionto black and white. Works all the time if you need a quick solution. Great work mate you should do a thread like diary on your progress.

ElfManDan

I will be filming mostly outside on my next project so lighting shouldn't be much of a problem, but I know what you mean, I've had that problem myself.

And I have thought of doing a progress journal or blog specifically on what is happening on my new projects, but I haven't gotten around to it. Might soon though, I start filming this Saturday so there's something I can add I suppose. I have over the past few weeks been doing a video blog that hints a lot at what I'm working on. It also is a bit about my life and the crazy that happen to me. So it's not just about my projects.

Meds

Cool looking forward to reading all about it and then seeing the final project.

ElfManDan

I know it's going to take me a lot of hard work to finish, but I think in the end it'll be worth it.

Meds

It will be. I've got a new episode of the Danger  Signs to contribute to, a new series called News at Then and also another film that is taking ages to develop. Will get there in the end though aye.

Chief

hahaha really creative man. I loved it

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

ElfManDan

I was hoping to make my new film into a series, but it looks like I might get only two episodes filmed before I head off to College, but I think it can stand alone as a pilot and the pilots second part, it ends fine as a series beginning and a simple ending. Althought I really, really want to make the third story that I wrote. It would be the funniest and possibly best story I came up with for the whole series. So if I can make that one I am definately going to.

Darkmolerman

For added inspiration watch shaun of the dead and then watch 50,000 volts with nick frost and Simon Pegg as fake expert of zombies.
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper