Help me raise money for charity!

Started by Rico, August 01, 2008, 02:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Oh, I know and appreciate that Rico. It just seems like a great opportunity for families to do something together and wish the organizers could have done something more dynamic. But it's all good as long as the funds come in and maybe this kind of event does have an appeal to people who may otherwise not even try and help, so it's all good. :)

billybob476

Yeah that was my point of view on this. People who would attend a "movie marathon for leukemia" are not the same people who would attend a "marathon for leukemia". Funny the difference on word makes.

Rico

Just about a day left on this if anyone else wants to contribute.

Click the link below to learn more and donate if you want to.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE PLEASE!

Meds

Bryan i could see you doing an event where they put treadmills in the cinema and the faster you run the longer the film lasts ;)

Rico

Well, here's a picture from the movie marathon.  Wish it was bigger.  But if you look carefully you will see me dead center in the back (tall guy, white shirt).  We raised about $31,000 dollars!  Thanks again to those that donated to this worthy cause!

Meds

Wow thats a lot of money Rico, well done.

Rico

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 17, 2008, 09:57:37 AM
Wow thats a lot of money Rico, well done.

Yeah - it's steadily gone up in the years I have been doing it (since the start I think but maybe missed one year).  Think we were around $18 - 20 K the first year.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com