My new Mark IX Tricorder

Started by Rico, November 20, 2008, 07:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I talked about this on the last podcast, but I thought I would post a few pics here.  This is a very cool item made by Master Replicas.  It is actually pretty heavy, and very well made.  The light and sound effects are awesome!  Get one now if you can.

I present, "Mr. Tricorder!"

M-5

Feathers

These things always have fewer buttons than ever appear to be present on the show. When you look at the number of finger actions the actors use sometimes it simply doesn't correlate with the control layout!

It is a lovely item - do you have any shots of it folded?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on November 20, 2008, 08:30:34 AM
These things always have fewer buttons than ever appear to be present on the show. When you look at the number of finger actions the actors use sometimes it simply doesn't correlate with the control layout!

It is a lovely item - do you have any shots of it folded?

More pictures up in the Gallery here:

http://www.treksinscifi.com/collection/thumbnails.php?album=217

Feathers

Lovely - for the weight you describe in the size shown it must be really quite full internally.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on November 20, 2008, 09:03:22 AM
Lovely - for the weight you describe in the size shown it must be really quite full internally.

Like I said on the podcast, the body is metal and that adds a lot of the weight to it.

Meds

Oh that is an amazing bit of kit mate. Wow i can see why you want another one. Great buy.

moyer777

That is simply cool Rico!  Nice!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

iceman

I am still waiting for mine, Nothing on the Master Replicas site either, it is if they don't really care about their customers anymore especially since they have been bought out, it is almost impossible to get answers from customer service by phone or email, they don't even keep up on the emails on their website, like they did when Amy was running it.

Apparently they are having trouble at their fulfillment centre, so notices of shipping aren't getting out to customers. I like their product,  but information about their items and release dates are non existent and customer service since Amy left continues to get worse, they make very little attempt or effort to let their existing customers no whats going on with shipping delays ect.

I cant see this company lasting to much longer if they continue to keep their customers in the dark, eventually they will get fedup and just go to EFX to buy their products.

I just hope I actually get this product.

Rico

I ordered mine very early when the preorders first started.  I know MR said they only got like 200 or 300 of them in so far.  Edition size is 2000 so many more will be coming.  They always seem to say their emails don't work or some such thing.  Have you just checked your order on the account page on MR's site lately?

Dan M

That's sweet.  I like the display stand and case, too.  Nice addition to the collection, Rico.

iceman

I am not sure if I will ever see this or not as of today, Master Replicas is looking for a new factory to put these together, they have the parts but no one to put them together they are still looking for a factory to build these, at this point perhaps it would be cheaper to start over then to have another factory try to build someone elses product,

Sigh, so I have no idea if I will see this at all, in any case it should make your, Rico that much more valuable, especially if they redo this or scrap it.

Rico

Yeah - I've been hearing this for a bit now about the Chinese factory.  Having been in Taiwan and dealing with China on some issues I can tell you this type of thing is only going to continue.  Way, way back Master Replicas made their first items in the US.  I think if I was them I would look into that again.  I'm certain with the current state of things in the country there are places that would be happy to build a few props for them at a fair price.