Babylon 5

Started by Kirk-Fu, July 29, 2007, 05:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk-Fu

Havent been on the boards in a while, so im not sure if this has been posted before, but follow the below link for some interesting B5 info. Mainly from a behind the scenes perspective, but still interesting.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=522847&utm_medium=plugblock&utm_source=cgtalk

Duffster

Thanks for posting the link, that is very cool.

I am really looking forward to more B5.. Whoot!

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Ronzo

Hi everyone,
I just finished watching all five seasons of Babylon Five. First time I saw all the episodes in order. Now to watch the made-for-TV movies and the short lived spin-off Crusade.
By the way, The Babylon Podcast finally had an interview with "The Great Maker"
J. Michael Straczynski

RONZO ;D

Check out my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/ronzotheclown

ChadH

I've been looking for an excuse to buy the complete DVD set of B5. I've been bragging up the series to my girlfriend. There are two or three episodes I missed when it was on tv. Now may be the time to rectify that situation! :biggrin

Feathers

Must download that podcast. I watched B5 a few years ago but have now inherited a full VHS copy from an ex-colleague so could do it all again.

The intervew sounds interesting. Thanks for letting us know.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

KatzeKitty

ChadH, we still have to get through DS9!  Take some "sick" days, I'll stay home to tend you, and we can marathon!

kk

ChadH

Quote from: KatzeKitty on June 29, 2009, 01:02:39 PM
ChadH, we still have to get through DS9!  Take some "sick" days, I'll stay home to tend you, and we can marathon!

kk
You know "sick days" aren't an option. Someone has to pay the mortgage!;)

ElfManDan

I watched the first two seasons not less then a month ago on Hulu. I really loved it, but now Hulu has run out on me. I have a friends who's been suggesting Netflix to me saying I need to see the rest of the series. I haven't wanted to get Netflix before, just because I don't know if I have enough time to make it worth while, but my desire to see the rest of this series has got me very tempted.

Feathers

If you're happy with seasons 1 and 2 then 3 and 4 will be a real treat (5 less so but still good).

I can't tell you how to spend your money but you do need to see those episodes!

ElfManDan

Quote from: Feathers on July 01, 2009, 01:37:26 AM
If you're happy with seasons 1 and 2 then 3 and 4 will be a real treat (5 less so but still good).

I can't tell you how to spend your money but you do need to see those episodes!

Well with my new job and money in pocket I'm really thinking about it. I am really excited to see the next seasons and I'm sure I will one way or another before summers over.

DruzilZappa

Quote from: Sheppard on July 01, 2009, 04:08:41 PM
Well with my new job and money in pocket I'm really thinking about it. I am really excited to see the next seasons and I'm sure I will one way or another before summers over.

They are definitely worth having. Just be glad you don't have to pay the original release price like I did for most of them ($120 / season, ouch).

Seasons 2-4 were outstanding. At least about halfway through S4. S5, not so much, still has my favorite ep. "Day of the Dead" written by Neil Gaiman. As for the movies, Crusade & Lost Tales, I wouldn't bother unless you are an OCD completist collector-type like myself.

Drew

billybob476

The thing that killed season 5 for me was the last episode of season 4 which basically tied up the entire series. Though I am of the understanding that they never aired that ep on tv.

Feathers

The ep they filmed as the season 4 finale was aired as the season 5 finale with the first episode filmed for season 5 going out at the end of season 4 as far as I know.

Meddling networks...