Promoting Treks In Sci-Fi

Started by Poodyglitz, August 31, 2010, 09:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poodyglitz

What would happen if everyone in the TSF community tweeted once a day for at least a week? Or even once a week?

I recently started using Hootsuite for sending messages out in the social network-o-sphere. One really nice feature is the ability to schedule automatic tweets on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. The cool thing about that is being able to tweet while I'm sleeping. That way, folks in an opposite time zone (such as Asia) get a chance to catch a message. It would be cool to see how many more people we can attract.

Anyway, how about sharing a link to Treks In Sci-Fi with our sphere of influence? One idea this week could be to celebrate the five year anniversary of TSF.

Happy five years Rico!

http://www.theonion.com/video/astronauts-suffer-agonizing-highpitched-death-afte,14230/

billybob476

I'm personally not a fan of auto-tweeting apps. If we make a habit of retweeting whenever Rico tweets about a new episode that is definitely helpful.

beer

I have the treksf feed embedded in the side column of a journal site... doing this is another option for getting word out, esp beyond your twitter influence.