New BBC show "Merlin"

Started by Trekkygeek, August 30, 2008, 02:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

Confirmed.

Season 2 starts at 6:40 pm, Saturday 19th September.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on September 10, 2009, 05:26:01 AM
Confirmed.

Season 2 starts at 6:40 pm, Saturday 19th September.

Awesome!  Thanks for the update.

Feathers

Right. Finaly got to watch episode one of series 2 last night.

From what I can remember, they seem to be taking it along in much the same vein as last series in that there's a weekly threat to be ovecome by Merlin or some form of force of arms.

I certainly enjoyed last weeks episode. It's as lightweight as it's always been, but it is a good fit for the Saturday night Dr Who slot.

Now to watch today's offering.

Rico

I'm hoping BBC America starts showing season two here sometime soon as well.

Feathers

It does sound as though the BBC have got their act together a little bit more now that BBCA is taking their shows rather than SyFy and others.

Can you get the BBCA HD channel yet? I've heard they've launched one but noone carries it.

Rico

No BBCA in HD for me yet.  That would be nice though as they start to get more content and sooner from you guys.

Feathers

Petition your cable company! It's out there just waiting for subscribers (apparently).

Back on topic...I never did watch this weeks Merlin last night. Maybe this evening.

Feathers

As no one's pointed it out, I will.

We're a good six or seven weeks into series 3 of Merlin over here and while it seems to be carrying on in it's somewhat light-hearted Saturday evening vein, the through line plot feels just a little stronger this year.

[spoiler]It's probably more to do with having one of the major characters having turned 'evil' so having that presence in the palace as well as dealing with the usual 'threat of the week'.[/spoiler]

Whatever it is, I'm still enjoying it.

Rico

Cool!  I still need to see series 2.  Hasn't really aired over here in the "normal" ways.

ElfManDan

I've still not seen series 2 either. I'm waiting on Netflix now cause it never got put on Hulu like series 1 and that was my only way of getting it then. I know it did air on SyFy, but I didn't have TV at the time.