How much TV do you watch?

Started by Bryancd, September 28, 2010, 08:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldor

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on September 28, 2010, 09:05:00 PM
I watch 0 hours of TV. 

Ok, I do watch Hulu/Netflix, but that really doesn't count.  I can't stand commercials on TV anymore, drives me nuts.

King

D - V - R :)

Rico

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: sheldor on September 30, 2010, 03:43:04 AM
Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on September 28, 2010, 09:05:00 PM
I watch 0 hours of TV.  

Ok, I do watch Hulu/Netflix, but that really doesn't count.  I can't stand commercials on TV anymore, drives me nuts.

King

D - V - R :)

Except I don't pay for Hulu ;)  

Ok ok ok, fineeee.  If I account for all that, probably 5 hours a week of TV.  

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jobydrone

Quote from: wraith1701 on September 29, 2010, 10:07:43 PM
Dang; how many episodes is that?  Was it pretty good? 

What's got my interest up is the fact that they seem to be exploring the whole DC universe in the series.  What's got me leaning towards giving the show a pass is that I get the impression that everything is being thrown in without rhyme or reason... Kinda like they're desperately throwing everything into the show to spike viewership.  So far, they have Brainiac, Zod, The Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, and it looks like Dr. Fate is in there too? And Hawkman?  All of these characters are hanging around Smallville & Metropolis?

I enjoyed it.  It's kind of like an alternate DC universe, not much like the comics at all.  Combine Buffy with DC comics and you have a pretty good idea what the show is about.  Like anything that lasts as long as Smallville has, there's hits and misses.  The biggest problem I've had is the climaxes never seem to pay off enough for me.  The Doomnsday season and the Zod season are examples of this.  They spend a year leading up to what should be an epic confrontation and I've wound up basically disappointed.  I guess I enjoyed the show a bit more when they didn't focus as much on whole season story arcs, and each episode was a stand alone story.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Feathers

About an hour a night - DVR and skipping adds so most shows are 45mins or less. I'm not counting anything that my wife has on and I 'watch' while doing other things.

Oddly, about the only thing I watch in real time is The Apprentice because we both watch it and there no advertising.

That list may go up a bit now as Eureka is on a rerun during the day so I'm recording all of season 1 and will work through it fairly quickly hopefully.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

X

I watch a LOT of TV. OR should I say listen to a lot of TV. I grew up in a big city where the noise of life was all around me and I don't like the quiet unless I'm going camping. I'll have my tv on for hours and sort of watch ala cart Discovery Network stuff. If I see something that catches my eye, I rewind and then watch the program. Then I watch shows with my wife and my daughter and I watch Ben 10, Geberator Rex, and Clone wars together.

So, I watch a lot of TV in one sense, but I don't really watch it unless it catches my eye when it's not one of the shows I normally watch.

billybob476

I noticed something interesting this week. Fran is away on a business trip, while she's been away I haven't turned on the tv once. So I guess I watch an hour or two of tv a night when my wife is home.

Feathers

Quote from: billybob476 on October 26, 2010, 07:23:14 AM
I noticed something interesting this week. Fran is away on a business trip, while she's been away I haven't turned on the tv once. So I guess I watch an hour or two of tv a night when my wife is home.

I won't say I'm the reverse but when I'm at home on my own I tend to use the opportunity to catch up on stuff from the DVR that I know my wife isn't interested in. In that sense, I don't watch any more TV when she's away, I just watch less for a while when she's back.

billybob476

haha mine tends to be used for video games :)

Feathers

Quote from: billybob476 on October 26, 2010, 07:54:06 AM
haha mine tends to be used for video games :)

Been off those since 6 months after the eldest was born - it was either that or divorce...