Helmet Auction

Started by Rico, December 20, 2010, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Anyone have $10K plus laying around?  You can bid on this eFx Stormtrooper Helmet up for auction.  Read on:

To help raise funds for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, eFX Inc. and the 501st TK Project is auctioning off one of the most unique Star Wars collectibles ever created in a special auction that will conclude on December 24, 2010.

This helmet has the signatures of 17 talented cast and crew from the original trilogy including George Lucas, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and many more!  What makes this helmet really special is that Irvin Kershner, the director of The Empire Strikes Back , signed the helmet several months before his passing.

We would like to thank all the Star Wars fans around the world.  As of this newsletter, we have reached the $10,000 mark!  There are 5 days to go and we hope to raise much more for the Make-A-Wish Foundation!

eFx website details:  http://www.efxcollectibles.com/p-101-make-a-wish-stormtrooper-helmet-auction.aspx
eBay auction:  http://cgi.ebay.com/Autographed-Stormtrooper-Helmet-/250742554358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a616bbef6=

Geekyfanboy

:jawdrop WOW... so would love to have that.

Rico

Let's make our predictions.  I say it will easily go over $30K, maybe even more.  I wonder since it goes to charity if it's tax deductible?

Geekyfanboy

I'm sure it will be tax deductible.. and I think it will go for over $50,000, some European fan will buy it since the Dollar is weak to the Euro. That's were alot of the Star Trek props were bought.

X

jedijeff

I will say around 35 thousand. Cool Auction. Actually a great News Letter from efx today with some good news

loutzee

I think about 25k,
but is it dishwasher safe?
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."

Rico

Gee - only ended up at $15K.  The recession has hit everyone I guess.

Bryancd

Wow, that is surprising considering it had Kirsch's signature on it and he just passed away.

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. like Bryan I thought Kirsch's signature and Lucas signature would have made it worth more..