Various Geek News

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 13, 2011, 12:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Indy 5 & E.T. Blu News From Ford & Spielberg

By Garth Franklin Tuesday September 13th 2011 01:50PM

Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford turned up for Hero Complex's 30th Anniversary screening of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in Los Angeles this week and a couple of tidbits of news have come out via AICN.

Spielberg would be up for doing a fifth "Indiana Jones" film, as would Ford but the latter said "I ain't gonna go to Mars" meaning we can likely not expect to see any more aliens coming back into the franchise.

In terms of back catalog Blu-ray releases, Spielberg says the "Indiana Jones" films are coming "soon" and he would like them out faster but they're essentially waiting on George Lucas.

More likely to come first would be a Blu of "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" which would likely only be the original 1982 version, not the altered 2002 re-release version.

Geekyfanboy

Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Held "Captive"

By Garth Franklin Saturday September 10th 2011 01:41PM

He's shooting "The Last Stand", he just signed for "The Expendables 2", now Arnold Schwarzenegger is in early talks to star in the action thriller "Captive" at Emmett/Furla Films reports Deadline.

Arnie would play an American real estate magnate living in Brazil who is kidnapped and held for ransom. As he frantically searches for a way out of his armored-truck prison cell hidden in a Sao Paolo landfill, a detective specializing in kidnap and ransom cases works to find him

Benjamin van der Veen and Kario Salem wrote the script from a story by Nicolai Fuglsig The project is currently out to directors with shooting to begin next year.

Michael London, Randall Emmett and George Furla are producing.

Dangelus

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on September 13, 2011, 12:09:38 PM

More likely to come first would be a Blu of "E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial" which would likely only be the original 1982 version, not the altered 2002 re-release version.

I heard about this, it's great news! He needs to have a chat with his friend George... ;)

Meds

If Lucas messes with the Indy films i'm comimng to America and slapping him around his jowls.

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 13, 2011, 01:16:51 PM
If Lucas messes with the Indy films i'm comimng to America and slapping him around his jowls.

:roflmao

billybob476

He can replace the whip with a large candy cane!

QuadShot

Sorry Simon, I read that Spielberg is having Lucas add blinking eyes to the golden statue at the beginning of Raiders, AND, removing 55% of Willie Scotts screams from Temple of Doom! :)

Meds

I'm happy with the scream removal lol

ricdude

My prediction: Swordmaster shoots first!

Rico

I'll hold Georgie down Meds and you pull up his Star Wars underoos over his flannel shirt!  He better not mess with Indy - AT ALL!

Meds

Jen

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on September 13, 2011, 12:09:38 PM

Spielberg would be up for doing a fifth "Indiana Jones" film, as would Ford but the latter said "I ain't gonna go to Mars" meaning we can likely not expect to see any more aliens coming back into the franchise.

I'm glad their dropping the alien thing...was not a fan of the last film and I LOVE Indiana Jones. That said, I'm not sure what to think about an Indy 5. :/
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Dangelus

Spielberg discussing George Lucas and his tinkering, his regrets about the ET special edition at the LA Time Hero Complex 30th Anniversary screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark on 9/12/11. Great stuff!

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uV8Ffi-3Qg&sns=em[/embed]

QuadShot

You know, it's funny really. A LOT of folks bashed Indy and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls, saying "C'mon. Aliens? REALLY?" A lot of people I've spoken to said that's pretty difficult to believe and they should have kept it more realistic. HUH?! REALLY? Ok, let's take a retrospect look back: Indy 1 - The Ark of the Covenant. Mystical box containing some sort of angelic/ghosts that suck the life out of people who look. Ok.  Indy 2 - A mystical set of stones that helped make people zombies. Hmm. Indy 3 - the Holy Grail. Dip this amazing, but incredibly plain looking cup in this awesome Kool-aid and you live a LONG time!. AND ALIENS ARE HARD TO BELIEVE? :) I for one thought Crystal Skull was pretty good. But then, I liked Temple of Doom too! :) My two cents.

Dangelus

I didn't think it was that bad at all. It suffers from being so much later but they went for the b movie feel and I really enjoyed it.