Podcast #80 up - Trek Music

Started by Rico, October 15, 2006, 11:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

It's the all Trek music podcast.  Just put the show online.  Enjoy!    :metallica:

captain5ava63

rico i downloaded your podcast #80 and only got 10 min ( i download them from i tunes )

Rico

Not sure why, it downloaded fully for me.  Try again.

Jobydrone

Happens with alot of podcasts these days, I think it's because ITunes 7.0 is a broken piece of software. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Yep.  The latest iTunes is really a problem.

Trekkygeek

May avoid the update for itunes. I have found that if I shut down the computer whilst downloading, this can cause partial downloads. Perhaps i'm being too obvious.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Geekyfanboy

Hey Rico.. another cool episode.. you'll have to do a part two and cover TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise music.

Rico

Yes Kenny.  The original idea was to cover all Trek music.  LOL - that I soon found out was way too much for one hour.  I still think I went a bit too fast through the films, but I got the basic info I wanted to say out there.

Trekkygeek

Really looking forward to listening to podcast 80. Star Trek music is some of the most beautiful i have heard. It will take a while to get to it though, i'm only on podcast 45 so far. That was great though, your big skype chat on the nexy Trek film. Fantastic.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

ryanlb

This was a very interesting episode.  As I've mentioned, I've only seen three of the movies, so I was mostly unfamiliar with the music, I quite enjoyed the introduction to them.  I had no idea that the music in TNG is originally from The Motion Picture, that's the music I've alwasy been the fondest of.
I'd be very interested hearing an episode covering the music from the various series.
"I won't have this handed to me, it's only worth something if you struggle for it.  Damn it, Bones, I want my pain.  I NEED my pain."
"The fact that you just quoted Star Trek V to me only proves how screwed we are without that money." ~ PVP Online

Bryancd

Great show. I think TMP Soundtrack is an absolute must for any fan. If you have never listened to it, do yourself a favor and get it.

jedijeff

This was a really great Podcast, and I really enjoyed the music. Hopefully you do another to cover some of the other scores from the Star Trek series. Listening to it, made me really appreciate the scores they put in Television and Movies. I used to buy a lot, but havent the past few years, I will have to start buying some more.

Rico

Glad everyone seemed to enjoy this podcast.  I will definitely be doing another fairly soon covering TNG -> Enterprise series music.