Some old hand made SW props

Started by Rico, January 21, 2012, 10:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Here's a quick pic of some old props I made by hand around the time of the original trilogy.  Both have electronics.  The blaster even kind of makes a sound.  I was pretty proud of these (still am).  This was back WAY before it was easy to buy very accurate replicas like we can now.  Ahh, those were the days!

moyer777

Very cool Rico.  Mine were HORRIBLE.   Mostly wood, bamboo and whatever I could throw together.  hahaha.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

jedijeff

Very cool Rico, I sort of wished I had the creativity and the thought to make my own when I was a kid. When I was younger, just never occurred to me that I could have built my own props. Thanks for posting the picture and showing us something from you younger years.

Bryancd

I just wished I had saved some of the stuff I did make back in the late '70's and early '80's.

X

Quote from: Bryancd on January 21, 2012, 01:51:25 PM
I just wished I had saved some of the stuff I did make back in the late '70's and early '80's.
Ditto!

We were regular builders as kids. I remember that we build a fortress complex spanning three separate yards as kids using wood salvaged from a demo house. it had over 15 rooms and was two floors in some places. We stayed there the entire summer building and rebuilding. It was our version of the castle of lions, Castle Greyskull, and The Cats Lair.

We would have lightsaber battles on and around the fortress that also doubled as a ship when needed.

WillEagle

X, sounds like you had quite the setup. My brother, the 2 neighbor boys, and myself would just go up in the woods behind our houses and play army. 'Wooden' baseball bats made for good maching guns! I sure didn't have the talent to build any props or fort, but we sure did spend alot of time up in those woods.

Geekyfanboy

Nice Job Rico.. but I wouldn't expect anything less form the person who built that awesome Star Trek station

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on January 25, 2012, 04:50:23 PM
Nice Job Rico.. but I wouldn't expect anything less form the person who built that awesome Star Trek station

Thanks Kenny.  I'm trying to dig up some other old stuff to show too.  Something I think I've mentioned at some point, but I don't have anymore.  Trying to find pictures of video or it.  More to share soon....