Marvel "Now!"

Started by Jobydrone, July 13, 2012, 07:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Got it and read it - no big surprises - didn't like it.  Marvel has messed with Spidey way too often in recent years for my taste.  Bring the real Peter Parker back.  Get him and MJ back together again (for real).  Then I'll bite.

Dangelus

Didn't like the ending but

[spoiler]Can't wait for the ghost peter / Otto as Spidey pottery making scene![/spoiler]

Jobydrone

Well I can't imagine anyone actually thought that this was going to last forever with Otto as Spidey.  The thing I hope they don't mess up is the interactions with the Avengers, and eventually when they figure out what's going on there will have to be a team effort to take him down.  That could be pretty cool...Marvel Universe vs. Spiderman. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Maybe not last forever, but revealing things so soon makes this look even more like a stunt to me.

X

Yeah, they hedged their bets a little too soon and made the story pretty pointless in the grand scope.

Jobydrone

Ill give them at least a point or two for trying something somewhat original with their flagship character.  I agree it seems a bit cowardly to show their endgame so soon, but I can't remember a super villain taking over a hero's body for more than an issue or two, let alone over multiple titles and guest shots the way they're doing it here. Like I said above, I'm holding out for an epic miniseries or crossover event where the Avengers, Xmen, and whoever else figure out what's going on and team up to take Doc Spock down.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

Come on now, no one thinks "Doc Spock" is even a LITTLE clever?  Jeez, tough crowd

ChrisMC

Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

ChrisMC

You, know, even though I find the whole mind-swap stuff silly, and hated the idea, I'm on issue 4 of Superior and am actually enjoying it. It's either pretty good or I'm a masochist. Also just got Nova #1, love it. Love outer space stuff in Marvel and DC.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Jobydrone

Quote from: Chris-El on March 01, 2013, 01:28:52 PM
You, know, even though I find the whole mind-swap stuff silly, and hated the idea, I'm on issue 4 of Superior and am actually enjoying it. It's either pretty good or I'm a masochist. Also just got Nova #1, love it. Love outer space stuff in Marvel and DC.

It's not just you, I've been really liking it too, and knowing that Peter's still in there and will eventually make his way out is enhancing the fun for me in some way.  I love how he's interacting with the other heroes in the various other books...some funny stuff with Doc Spock babysitting for the FF in the latest Avenging Spiderman