2 NEW! Avengers series!!!

Started by WillEagle, March 24, 2012, 07:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Will - which ongoing Avengers comic series do you like best currently?

WillEagle

There are alot of Avengers series out there with Avengers Academy and Secret Avengers to name a few but I am reading The Avengers and Avengers Assemble that I have talked about on here. I like the team of the Avengers Assemble a little more that The Avengers team but I do like how on the Avengers comic the team members do change around some but they normally keep a good core group on the team. Cap, Iron Man, The Protector, and Spider Woman.
Having said that in The Avengers latest issue a lot of new faces show up from other Avengers teams. If I remember correctly The Protector and Cap have been the only 2 in all 26 issues. Also The Vision has came back so thats pretty cool. So if I were to rank them...
1. The Avengers
2. Avengers Assemble

WillEagle

The newest issue of Avengers Assemble came out Wed. #4 was alot better than the last issue and as you will see in the pic of the cover Thanos shows up! I didn't think he was coming till the next movie so maybe the Avengers movie was setting it up for him to return to the comics! OK, probably not. Anyway another cool cover and a great issue.
Avengers Assemble #4 - 9.

WillEagle

Avengers Assemble #5 features The Guardians of the Galaxy. It was a very good story and the Guardians will be in the next issue. The team is Quill, Rocket, Drax, Gamora. I never saw the bug looking character's name.
Avengers Assemble #5 - 9.
Here is a pic of #5 along with a pic of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Dangelus

Some big things happening at Marvel with "Marvel Now" coming up. A few books cancelled / postponed & restarted and a few new ones including "Uncanny Avengers" an Avengers / X-Men melding and a new X-Men book where the original X-Men team from the past travel to our present! Exciting stuff.

WillEagle

Just picked up the atest issue of Avengers Assemble it is #6. Cool cover with the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy. The Guardians seem to be in the forefront with The Avengers in the background. That seemed a little odd to me but I still think its cool. Check out this pic.

WillEagle

I read issue #6 & 7 of this series and I don't know for sure but I believe this series will also be ending. I did enjoy both issues.
Avengers Assemble #6 - 9.
Avengers Assemble #7 - 8.
Here is a pic of #7. I don't think Thanos will be in the next Avengers movie. I think he's going up against The Guardians of the Galaxy.

WillEagle

Just read the latest issue of Avengers Assemble and it was a very good one. There's a panel in this issue that I thought wa Awesome! It showed many of the Avengers going after Thanos. Very cool. This issue rates an easy 10!
Here is a pic of the cover.

WillEagle

Just read issue #9 of Avengers Assemble. I really enjoyed the story even though a lot of it takes place in Avengers Tower with a few of the Avengers sitting around a table. This issue also begins with a new creative team. The new writer is Kelly Sue DeConnick and the new artist is Stefano Caselli. They both do a good job with this issue. I normally get worried when they change creative teams on books I have been enjoying but nothing to worry about here.
Avengers Assemble #9 - 9.
Cool cover and I love the Hulk on this cover. Check it out for yourself.

WillEagle

Here is issue #10 of Avengers Assemble and it has another great cover. Originally I thought this book was only going to feature the characters from The Avengers movie but they have featured many different Avenger characters. Very good series to get into if you haven't already. Here is a pic of #10.

WillEagle

This has been a fun series and they have started to bring in other Avengers that were not in the movie a few issues ago. I have read issues 10 and 11 but haven't got to the Annual or #12.
Avengers Assemble #10 - 8.
Avengers Assemble #11 - 10! Very good issue!