Microsoft Surface

Started by X, July 02, 2013, 11:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Okay, so I recently became the owner of a 64gb Surface RT as a gift from Microsoft. Since getting it, I've updated it and my laptop to Windows 8.1 but found myself playing around with it to see what makes it tick.

As I mentioned in the past on previous threads, my windows phone has a built in translator. While that is cool, I wondered if the Surface had something and it turns out that they've upped the ante with it.

Not only does it do real-time text translations, it does it in a variety of languages. one of those languages just happens to be Klingon.

Rico

Done any gaming on that Surface?

Bromptonboy

I have been thinking about getting one of these - but leaning more to the Pro
Pete

X

Quote from: Rico on July 03, 2013, 03:40:53 AM
Done any gaming on that Surface?
I've played a few of the app games, but this is the RT version, so I can't load full games. I actually like the device and I'm using it far more than I thought I would.

Rico

I'm starting to feel the need to buy something light and portable for work travel.  The company laptop is locked down so I can't put my own stuff on it.  I'm leaning towards an Apple laptop since I've wanted an iOS product beyond the iPad for awhile.  The MS Surface is also a contender but I would have to spring for the higher level unit that would be powerful enough for gaming too.

X

Quote from: Rico on July 04, 2013, 06:40:39 AM
I'm starting to feel the need to buy something light and portable for work travel.  The company laptop is locked down so I can't put my own stuff on it.  I'm leaning towards an Apple laptop since I've wanted an iOS product beyond the iPad for awhile.  The MS Surface is also a contender but I would have to spring for the higher level unit that would be powerful enough for gaming too.
The Pro is actually really great. 1080p and a nice processor.