Funny memory from R.O.T.S. midnight premeir.

Started by space_invader64, October 06, 2007, 05:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

space_invader64

It was in Oklahoma in a small town.

My physics professer is a die hard Scifi fan.  I think that's what got him into atronimy.  I've known the guy from church and from school and to my supprise I hear him say.  "Could you believe that Pepsi comercial?  The real Yoda wouldn't use the force to steal someone's Pepsi."  It came out wrong but he may very well be the smartest person I know and he just said it.

I also know people from the radio station who were doing the remote.  One lady named her son Anakin.  I went up to her and said, "wouldn't it be funny if at 12:01 they play spaceballs?   She disagreed thinking there would be a riot!

It was a good night, people dressed up and packed into the theater and stood up and aplauded at the end.  I wish there were more movies that had that kind of a reception.

Rico

Nice story.  I love big premiere nights.  That's why I try to go on opening day.  Not only is it exciting to be with the first people to see a cool new movie but you have memories that last a lifetime.

Dan M

Back in the mid-90s, when the Timothy Zahn novels came out and Hasbro started releasing SW toys, a coworker and I made a pact that, when new movies finally came out, we'd get together on opening day to see them, regardless of where we were.

We kept that pact, and I have fond memories of each premiere day.  More importantly, he and I have stayed in contact all that time, where I've lost touch with most everyone else from that time of my life.  The prequels were a part of that.

jedijeff

I missed the TPM premier, but I went to AOTC and ROTS, both a lot of fun. Lots of our Local 501st guys showed up, so it made it a real party atmosphere. They had some giveaways buy local radio stations, things like that. I am hoping that the Star Trek premier next year has a lot of excitement, and maybe some Klingons.

Bryancd

Although I missed opening night in my town for ANH by a few days, I was on line for ESB and ROTJ, as well as Star Trek II, III, and IV. Those were great nights, standing in line not really knowing what to expect as there was no internet to flood the world with images and spoilers, back when theaters had only one giganitc screen and a huge seating area. For the prequels, I caught them on their first opening morning instead of the late night shows.

Jen

I remember being very excited about this movie and getting all the details I could from my favorite Star Wars podcasts (at the time it was Star Wars En Direct). I didn't get to see it on opening night or with friends who loved Star Wars. For the life of me, I CAN'T remember the experience of seeing it in the theater. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I didn't experience it with fellow fans. The people there didn't seem as excited as me.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast