Psychology and College

Started by KingIsaacLinksr, March 05, 2008, 12:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

My declared major WAS Duo-Hardware/software engineering.  However, due to the fact that I did not like what I was doing.  (getting way too stressed out/didn't like it) I've switched to general studies as the declared major until Fall term where I will either declare something or transfer colleges.  I like it here at OIT so I hope to stay, but we will see. 

As for classes, we have to take some "general" stuff, but our core curriculum starts Freshman year.  Not junior year like most colleges.  Its why this college attracted me so much.  However, there is a flaw to this plan, if I don't know what I want to do (current status) this college can't really help me as much as UO or OSU can.  But I will manage. 

Its been a bad Winter Term, my grades look like they'll come out fine, but its been...emotionally charged to say the least.  I'm switching in hopes that Spring Term will come out better.  But I think I said that in Fall term.  College is so much different from High School, High-schoolers have no idea.   

So yea, thats to state what we were talking about in shoutbox. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Yes - college is vastly different from high school.  Vastly.  It's hard, but it can be fun too.  Hang in there and work as hard as you can.  And there is nothing wrong with taking a class to see if it's something you might like doing.  Or just sit in on a session or two.  College is the best time in your life to "explore all the possibilities" - as Spock would say.   ;)

Blackride

I have engouh credits for 3 majors but only have one. That just shows you how many times I switched majors and took classes just for fun. It was fun to take all kinds of different courses. I would encourage you to dabble. Eventually you will find your way.

Please note that I went to college for 9 yrs and it was free since my dad worked there. It may be kinda espensive to switch courses as much as I did :)
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.