Late Christmas Presents for me from Master Replicas

Started by Rico, February 02, 2008, 08:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Look what showed up at my door.  Both came yesterday.  Two of the last lightsabers Master Replicas will ever make.  The version 2 Luke from ROTJ and a Mara Jade lightsaber based off a Parks lightsaber made for a photo shoot Shannon did.  Both are signed too.  Pretty cool!

Rico

And the Mara Jade saber.  These are just some quick pics.  I'll take more and do some reviews on an upcoming podcast for each.

jedijeff

Both Look Fantastic Rico, hopefully it does not hit the credit card to hard

Rico

Quote from: jedijeff on February 02, 2008, 08:55:03 AM
Both Look Fantastic Rico, hopefully it does not hit the credit card to hard

Oh, it did.  But since this is pretty much it for awhile from MR (at least on Star Wars items) I can live with it.  Didn't really expect them both to show up at the same time back when I preordered them.

Bryancd

LOVE that V2 Luke. I like that more than the hero version.

jedijeff

That Luke Lightsaber is amazing, looks great and will look good with your other Lightsabers.
At least for prop replicas, we probably will have a break for awhile, as I would suspect it is going to take MR a bit of time on the BSG and Trek props, I would guess mid year for anything they release and start billing on. As for efx, they are showcasing their stuff at Comic con, so probably late in the year for product from them. So at least we have a bit of breathing space. I have a Boba Fett Helmet on preorder, but I ordered it quite late, so I suspect I still have a few weeks to wait until a notice, since they are still working on shipping earlier orders.

Jen

Wow. Those are so cool Rico... No kidding—Merry Christmas to YOU.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Dan M

Quote from: Bryancd on February 02, 2008, 09:39:31 AM
LOVE that V2 Luke. I like that more than the hero version.

Me, too. 

This acquisition has me more jealous than your others, Rico.  I almost bit on both of those.  But, I've never spent that much on any collectible, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

After an ep4 Obi-Wan saber, those are the two I'd like to have in my collection.  Maybe someday.

Congrats, Rico.  Most impressive.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Yeoman Mara

A redhead with a lightsaber is a dangerous combination!

Rico

Meds

They look fab Rico, two fine additions to your collection. I've just ordered the Luke episode 4 new version force FX lightsaber as i know they are going like hot cakes. On Ebay i saw them for around about £75 but i got hold of mine for £40 which i think is a bargain.