Cool Online Word Processor

Started by Jen, September 21, 2008, 09:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

I found this awesome tool this morning while I was working on my laptop...it doesn't have a Word processor and so I thought I'd look for something free or strictly online. This online ap will allow us to do joint posts without emailing them. Here's what it says:

Share your documents

Instead of mailing your documents to everyone, share them. And Zoho Writer makes it more than just sharing.

You can give Read or Write permissions for each sharing participant. Collaborate real-time on the document and there's the added chat functionality as well!

Cool huh? I've already used it to create one of my posts. I really like it. If RPG members sign up, I'll give you all read/write permissions to my docs (for when you're collaborating).

Check it out, it's free!

Google Zoho Writer. I'd send you a link but since I'm a member now it goes straight to my word pad.

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Trekkygeek

Just signed up Jen. This does look very handy indeed.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Meds

Signed up as well, i just need to put email addresses in as i'm at work i dont like disclosing stuff on the works PC so will do the final things tonight. Great find Jen.

sheldor

This is the direction the tech is headed.  No longer will documents, spreadsheets, etc be managed using software on your PC.  You will use internet based software to manipulate files on your PC.  This will solve the licensing issues but open up potential security issues.  We'll see..

Rico

And if your internet connection goes down - free day - no work!!

X

I'm signed up as well and worked with Jen on the start of a post liast night. My name is Just_X or you can find me by my email christhomas@rcn.com

Jen

Yes, its nice to set up the chat and work on files together at once.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Trekkygeek

You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Meds

KingIsaacLinksr

I can't get it to work, I'll try again tomorrow....

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Meds

I must say i had a few problems last night and i think its because my PC is a bit old and can't handle the information. My laptop (which is now in the hands of the wife doing her Geneology stuff is now lost, won't be getting that back off her, hmmm apple mac book air i think could be purchased if i had the money hee hee.