Who is ordering the Mark IX Tricorder and Assault Phaser From MR

Started by iceman, March 26, 2008, 09:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Just ordered both of these, called a little before noon for these and the nice lady took my order Saved approx $50.00 for being a collector society member.

Rico have you found that if you ordered early on order day that you tended to get a low number?

Iceman

Rico

Just ordered both too.  Great items!  The numbering does tend to be lower if you order early.  Can't wait for the TNG Tircorder especially!

Rico

Details on these awesome items:

Star Trek Mark IX Science Tricorder Pre-Order Announcement!

First introduced in the second season of Star Trek: Voyager, the Mark IX Science Tricorder features a control interface nearly identical to its predecessor, the TR-580 Tricorder VII; however, the entire unit is streamlined and features a more angular design.

The Mark IX (or TR-590) tricorder, like its predecessors, is a sophisticated handheld device, designed as a portable sensing, data gathering, data analysis, and data communications tool.  Additionally, it is equipped with many specialized abilities, making it an invaluable asset to crew members both on starships as well as on away missions.

In addition to its basic functions, the Mark IX can record time trials, play holographic messages, and translate languages throughout the Galaxy. To prevent interference with objects, the TR-590 can be set to perform a passive scan, allowing it to record data, even while stowed. Furthermore, the Mark IX Tricorder can communicate with non-Starfleet computer systems and synch with other units to serve as a miniature computer network.

This device is so valuable to Starfleet crew members, that many crew members keep them in their quarters, rather than in equipment lockers with their other gear.

Now, Master Replicas is proud to present an authentically detailed, fully functional replica of this ground-breaking piece of scientific equipment – that you can store at home in your quarters!   Complete with all of the lights and sounds featured in Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and subsequent Star Trek films, the Mark IX Science Tricorder replica is a must-have collectible for Star Trek fans!

* Limited to 2,000 pieces worldwide
    * Made from the original pattern
    * High quality die-cast metal and injection molded ABS construction
    * Authentic light and sound effects taken from the original sound files
    * Includes display base with acrylic cover, Prop Story and Certificate of Authenticity
    * From the motion pictures Star Trek: First Contact

$349.00
Collectors Society Pre-Order: March 26, 2008 (9:00 am Pacific Time)
General Public Pre-Order: March 27, 2008 (9:00 am Pacific Time)
Expected to Begin Shipping: Fall 2008

Star Trek Starfleet Assault Phaser Pre-Order Announcement!

Any civilization which utilizes groundbreaking technology is subject to continual advances and new innovations – and the inhabitants of the Star Trek universe are certainly no exception.

So it should come as no surprise that William Shatner (Captain Kirk), who directed Star Trek V : The Final Frontier, saw fit to update – amongst other things – the hand-held weaponry utilized by the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise for the franchise's fifth feature film.  In the Star Trek timeline, over 20 years had passed since the original Star Trek television show – The Final Frontier takes place circa 2287 – and Shatner and the film's crew approached these technological advances with simultaneously realistic and revolutionary tactics.

Gone were the old-school plastic "squirt gun" style phasers made famous in the original  Star Trek, replaced instead with sleeker, larger, black metal "Assault Phasers" that would forever change the look of the Star Trek universe. These more realistic hand-held weapons were reminiscent of – and to some extent were actually inspired by – actual military weapons from the 20th century.

The new phasers were capable of power adjustment, allowing for intensity, and even speed to be altered depending on the intended function.  These lethal weapons featured numerous settings, including stun, vaporize, and kill – but even stun was potentially lethal at close range. Moreover, the phaser of this era actually functioned like "real" 20th century weapons.  The addition of removable clips in the phaser's handle not only added realism, but actually allowed the Starfleet crew to run out of ammunition for the first time!

Of course, the Assault Phaser did not completely abandon the conventions of it's predecessor.  In fact, one notable holdover from the original  phaser is the inclusion of the Type-I hand-held phaser concealed beneath the barrel housing of the Assault Phaser.

The Assault Phaser made it's debut in Star Trek V, and appeared again in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, before giving way – once again – to the inevitable forward momentum of technological advances. By the time the Star Trek: The Next Generation era began (circa 2364) – over 70 years later, in the Star Trek timeline – even more advanced technologies were being utilized.

Nonetheless, the Assault Phaser is an integral part of Star Trek history, and is an important stepping-stone for the development of newer, more futuristic weaponry.

Master Replicas is pleased to present an authentically detailed, fully functional replica of this ground-breaking weapon, complete with a removable clip and Type-I phaser, as well as realistic lights and sounds digitally recorded direct from the films.

* Limited to 2,000 pieces worldwide
    * Removable Phaser I
    * Removable magazine
    * High quality machined and die-cast metal and injection molded ABS construction
    * Made from a digital scan of an original prop seen on-screen
    * Digital sound effects from the original sound files
    * Authentic LED light effects
    * Includes display base with acrylic cover, Prop Story and Certificate of Authenticity
    * From the motion pictures STAR TREK V: The Final Frontier and STAR TREK VI: The Undiscovered Country

$449.00
Collectors Society Pre-Order: March 26, 2008 (9:00 am Pacific Time)
General Public Pre-Order: March 27, 2008 (9:00 am Pacific Time)
Expected to Begin Shipping: Fall 2008

billybob476

Tricorder looks really cool. For some reason I'm not really feeling the Assault Phaser. I was never a huge fan of that design.

iceman

I dont blame you, it isnt my favorite either, I like the Star Trek Wrath of Khan or Star Trek III Phaser better, but the original phaser is still my favorite by far.