Alien Nation on DVD

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 01, 2006, 11:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

I'm not sure how many of you have seen Alien Nation. It was a big screen movie and then turned into a TV series back in 89-90 . It lasted only one season and five TV movies but it was a really good scifi/cop show. The entire series is coming to DVD this Tuesday Jan 3rd. If it does well then we can look forward to the five TVmovies coming to DVD as well. If you can't buy it.. rent it. It really was a great series.

Rico

Was it really only one season?  Wow!  Seemed like it was more than that.    I watched some of them when it was on.  Seemed pretty cool!

Darth Gaos

I loved the movie with James Caan and Mandy Patankin (sp?), but I just could never get into the show for some reason.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

Good news for us Alien Nation fans... the Series box sets are doing so well that Fox will be releasing the 1st movie, Dark Horizons on DVD in early 2007. Kenny Johnson is now preparing his director's commentary and other special material.

Fox expects to follow up with the other movies on DVD as well, there are a total of five TV-Movies

Geekyfanboy

More news from Kenneth Johnson's website.

Alien Nation Movies to DVD: Kenny has recorded his director's
commentary for Dark Horizon and Body & Soul.

He has also created special features for both movies including a look
Behind the Scenes, several Photo Galleries and the Blooper Reel for
each movie.

Fox Home Entertainment is currently deciding on the release pattern.
The first two will be out in 2007 and the remaining three movies will also
be released either with them or shortly after.

Ktrek

I'm resurrecting this thread because apparently the five made for TV movies are being released as a set in the late summer according to http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7459. I'm looking forward to completing this as I already have the TV series and I really enjoyed the movies. The five films are:

Alien Nation: Dark Horizon (1994)
Alien Nation: Body and Soul (1995)
Alien Nation: Millennium (1996)
Alien Nation: The Enemy Within (1996)
Alien Nation: The Udara Legacy (1997)

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

Yep.. I can't wait.. and I read that at this years San Diego Comic Con they are going to release a speical edition box set of all five movies.. they are also going to have a panel with the cast. I can't wait... this was one of  my favorite series on the late 80's.

Geekyfanboy

It's official... Alien Nation Movies are coming to DVD. The box set of the Ultimate Collection will go on sale September 11Th exclusively at Best Buy Stores and BestBuy.com for two months.. then will become available everywhere.

Check out the box art... pretty nice.

I plan on getting this the day it comes out. I loved Alien Nation.

Ktrek

There seems to be confusion about this set as some people seem to think that it will include the TV episodes but it is not called "The Ultimate Collection", but if you look at the cover art, it is called "The Ultimate MOVIE Collection". I'm just glad that they are finally being released as I actually liked the made for TV movies more than the individual episodes.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

Did anyone get this.. I totally spaced and forgot to get it when it came out.. I'll be off to Best Buy tomorrow to pick it up.

Ktrek

I bought it Kenny, but I have to say I am VERY disappointed in the picture quality. For what the movies cost I think they could have done better. I actually had copies that I recorded off TV onto VHS and encoded them to VCDs several years ago and the picture quality was better than these by far. If you buy them then at least know "I told you so!".

Kevin

Geekyfanboy

Well it was a Best Buy exclusive.. until now.

Nation DVD Due In April

The Alien Nation: Ultimate Movie Collection DVD set comprises the five made-for-TV movies based on Rockne O'Bannon's SF TV show and drops on April 15 from Fox Home Entertainment.

The films, on three discs, pick up where the 1990s television series left of and consist of Alien Nation: Dark Horizon (1994), Alien Nation: Body and Soul (1995), Alien Nation: Millennium (1996), Alien Nation: The Enemy Within (1996) and Alien Nation: The Udara Legacy (1997).

They feature the characters of Los Angeles police detective Matt Sikes (Gary Graham) and his partner, George Francisco (Eric Pierpoint), an alien fugitive slave who, along with his brethren, struggles to assimilate into life on his adopted planet Earth.

The new collection also features bonus materials, including commentary for each film by director and co-creator Kenneth Johnson, featurettes, gag reels, storyboards and photo galleries. Alien Nation: Ultimate Movie Collection will carry a suggested retail price of $49.98.