I can't remember the name of the book!!

Started by Amar, April 28, 2008, 03:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amar

I started reading a book in the early 90's and then I lost the book.  It was about a group of misfit aliens that were in the space marines. there were 2 or three books in the series I think.  Dose this sound familiar?

Amar

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.      Douglas Adams

wraith1701

The closest thing to this that I remember reading are the Legion Of The Damned books by William Dietz.  They are more about human misfits and cyborgs than aliens, however,  so this probably isn't what you are looking for. 

Omra

All of the space marine books that I know of are Warhammer books.

wraith1701

The Warhammer 40K Space Marine books are cool, but I don't think this is what Amar is looking for either.  The Astartes wouldn't tolerate having aliens among them... they'd  be more likely to kill them on sight!  :laugh:

Amar

I looked it up on Amazon and it's not it. I remember it being a comedy.

Amar
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.      Douglas Adams

Omra

David Drake writes a lot of Military science fiction, but most of it is very gritty and dark.  But he wrote one called 'On the way to the Gallows', that had dark humor to it.

The 'Man Kzinti War' books was a real good anthology series written by a number of authors, some of those had dark humor to them.

There is the 'Fleet' series, 'Legion' series.  But none of these are known for their humor as I recall.  A shame you can't think of the Authors name, Keith Laumer and Harry Harrison wrote some tongue in cheek military fiction.  Like 'Bill the Galactic Hero'...

Amar

The more I think about it it seems that the title was something like "_______ Misfits"

Amar