IDW's 2009 plans for Star Trek comic!

Started by Ktrek, December 16, 2008, 08:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

This is a great interview with Andy Schmidt the current editor at IDW for the Star Trek line of comics. He reveals some really exciting plans for the Star Trek line and I can't wait to see the final products! Here is the link:

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/features/12294024469740.htm

Let me add here that after DC and Mailbu lost their licenses to do Star Trek I stopped buying Trek comics but IDW has renewed my interest because their product is so good!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

I enjoy the IDW stuff too.  But, I have to say sometimes there were weeks where 3 or even 4 new Trek comics were out at the same time.  I think they might be overdoing it a bit.  I'd rather only see at most two titles running at the same time. 

Ktrek

I don't buy the individual titles Rico so I don't know the frequency but that seems like a lot. I would think a couple of issues a month would be plenty and maybe too much. Perhaps it has to do with their publishing philosophy? I know they have no intention of having a running Star Trek title. They just are doing these short anthology series. I suppose in order to keep the fickle fanbase coming back they have to release issues in quick succession and also to get the product into trade paperback asap.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

I think it's just bad timing on their part sometimes I think.  I do kind of wish one series was kept ongoing.  Like the Year Four series.

Omne

i agree on they should have continued year 4 or even the mirror image sires which was kind of interesting