Torchlight - Diablo-like game

Started by Rico, December 05, 2009, 07:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Jobydrone

Yep, I downloaded this game a few weeks ago.  It's pretty much like a single player Diablo experience, with with a bit of WoW thrown in (especially the visual style) and only three character classes.  I found it fun but nothing really complelled me to continue playing as the action and experience gets extremely repetitive after a while.  There's not a whole lot of questing going on, just three or four questgivers giving the same quest over and over as you progress deeper into the dungeon.  There's a good deal of character customizability as each class has three talent/skill trees (kind of like WoW) but you can pick from any one you want to as you level up.  In other words, there are no prerequisites for talents further down the tree other than the level requirement.  You can come up with some pretty unique characters this way as the talents and skills are pretty diverse within the specific classes.  For 20 bucks it's certainly worth a download.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Blackride

If you like Diablo, this game is for you. Pretty cool imo, especially for the cost.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.