"SyFy" relaunch music video

Started by Rico, July 09, 2009, 03:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Based on this video - SyFy has got me hooked.  This is one of the best things they have ever put together.  Just so darn frakking cool!  Watch for stars from several series on the channel.  This plus the very cool "Warehouse 13" and I think they are on the right track.

"SyFy" relaunch trailer - Imagine Greater!

Yeoman Mara

Ohhh - I saw that too!  So cool.  Maybe this new name is a good thing!
A redhead with a lightsaber is a dangerous combination!

sheldor

VERY COOL.  The merry go-round was neat.

Rico

Quote from: markinro on July 09, 2009, 04:04:00 PM
VERY COOL.  The merry go-round was neat.

Yeah - it goes by fast.  And even as they move towards it, you see the cast of "Eureka" standing near it too.  Very clever and well done.

Geekyfanboy

Ronzo

I also liked the new music video. I just wish that they didn't change the name. I know why they did it because they couldn't own scifi, and with a lot of the other channels changing to shortened forms of their names. Think about it, on the 140 character limit on Twitter, by using Syfy instead of scifi, you have space for an extra letter.
I am just afraid that when I am an old fart some young whippersnapper will correct with an obnoxious, "It's Syfy old man!"

I will adjust to Syfy if they remove the wrestling and other none scifi shows. Is that fair?
RONZO Just ranting from my balloon twisted mind. :lol2

Darkmolerman

Wow that is an epic music video, where was the stargate Universe bit in there?
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Rico

Quote from: Darkmolerman on July 12, 2009, 02:32:10 AM
Wow that is an epic music video, where was the stargate Universe bit in there?

Just a couple of the actors like Lou Diamond Phillips and Ming-Na (at about 0:58 seconds).

Here's another promo just showing their shows....

Scifi Channel 2009-2010 Promo

RicSantiago

About the video promo of SyFy, I would like to invite all to play "name that guy or gal": find and name the actors that can be spotted on the video.
To start it, I found Colin Ferguson (Sheriff Carter from Eureka) appearing 3 times on the carrousel between timemarks  1:05 and 1:09: first using a black coat, then a gray long sleeves shirt, then using a teeshirt riding on top of two horses.

Rico

Quote from: RicSantiago on July 13, 2009, 07:12:09 AM
About the video promo of SyFy, I would like to invite all to find and name the actors that can be spotted.
To start it, I found Colin Ferguson (Sheriff Carter from Eureka) appearing 3 times on the carrousel between timemarks  1:05 and 1:09: first using a black coat, then a gray long sleeves shirt, then using a teeshirt riding on top of two horses.

He's seen four times.  He's actually standing in front of the carousel too as they pan over to it, on the right holding one of those carnival hammers.  The woman that plays Allison is near him and the Fargo actor is on the left.  I'm pulling an HD version off my TIVO of the clip and will post it here soon.

RicSantiago

Quote from: Rico on July 13, 2009, 07:18:40 AM
I'm pulling an HD version off my TIVO of the clip and will post it here soon.
That would be great!
Downloading it, we will be able to play it in slow motion.

By the way, how do you do that pull down? I have a DVR (TIVO-like) from CISCO that has S-video, component video and HDMI outputs. Do you connect one of such into a video capture board on your PC?

Rico

My TIVO is on my home network via an Ethernet port.  There is a piece of software from TIVO called TIVO desktop that allows me to transfer raw shows from the TIVO to my PC or upload content to my TIVO from my PC.  No messy video capture junk involved.  Then I can take that file, grab anything I want out of it using a video editing program or just watch the whole thing in HD on my PC.

Rico

Ok - here's a slightly shorter version of the promo in hi-def that I put up on Youtube.

"SyFy" Hi-Def promo 2

If you want to download a 1080 version, use this link (166 mb):

[noembed]http://www.treksinscifi.com/video/SyFy_promo.wmv[/noembed]

RicSantiago

Quote from: Rico on July 13, 2009, 08:47:28 AM
...There is a piece of software from TIVO called TIVO desktop that allows me to transfer raw shows from the TIVO to my PC or upload content to my TIVO from my PC.  No messy video capture junk involved. ...
Sweeeet! That's why "TIVO-like" most of the time is not really alike at all!! [Envious!!]

Rico

Quote from: RicSantiago on July 13, 2009, 10:20:31 AM
Quote from: Rico on July 13, 2009, 08:47:28 AM
...There is a piece of software from TIVO called TIVO desktop that allows me to transfer raw shows from the TIVO to my PC or upload content to my TIVO from my PC.  No messy video capture junk involved. ...
Sweeeet! That's why "TIVO-like" most of the time is not really alike at all!! [Envious!!]

Yes!  There is no other commercial DVR that comes close to what TIVO can do.