Podcast # 253 - "Doctor Bashir, I Presume"

Started by Rico, November 15, 2009, 11:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Just got the new podcast up covering this DS9 episode.  Some nice listener comments and a few other things to share on this one.  Hope you all enjoy it.

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksinSciFi_253_Doctor_Bashir.mp3

moyer777

Thanks for playing the parody Rico!
http://www.christrocks.com/parody

here are the lyrics to

Dr. Starfleet Man

by Rick Moyer
to the tune of Secret Agent Man

There's a man that works in sick bay full time
To everyone he's the doctor on Deep Space Nine
With every dart he throws, Obrien's sure to go
Odds are they'll be found in the holosuite tomorrow

Doctor Starfleet Man, Doctor Starfleet man
They've enhanced your genetics and named you Julian

We know you have a crush on Jadziah
But later on she marries Worf so see ya...
Ah, be careful of Garak
Make sure he's got your back
Odds are that he's no civilian Tailor

------ lead guitar & clips ------

Playing racquetball on the station
Always full of all sorts of information
If someone gets real sick
You get them healed real quick
The fact is Sisko has the best physician

Doctor Starfleet Man

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Feathers

Downloading this for tomorrow. Doctor Who was a bit of a distraction for tonight!

Always fun to see ST crossover episodes and with Voyager in the Delta Quadrant, Picardo was really the only actor they could do a DS9 with. It helps that the Doctor (not The Doctor) is one of my favoured Voyager characters.

Did I say all that in my comment? Anyway, looking forward to it :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Serenity

Another great episode Rico!  Somehow this is a DS9 that I managed to miss?  I watched it last night on your fun stuff area.  Its nice having it up there to view for us folks north of the border that don't have Hulu.

I wonder what happened to the LMH program after this episode?  We know that the "doctors" were eventually assigned to work the Dilithium mines, I think.

Zimmerman seemed alot less surly in this one compared to the Voyager episode where the Doctor goes back to the Alpha quadrant to save his life.  Guess he was sick.

Cool call back to "Wrath of Kahn" from the Admiral.

Feathers

Good podcast there. It was a fun listen on my day off an you threw in a number of bits and pieces I'd certainly never cone across (I did a bit of research on this one for some reason).

Zimmerman does seem a little different to the character portrayed in 'Life Line' and that's never really explained since in that episode he claims not to have left Jupiter Station for four years (yes, I've been looking into it for...some reason ;))

A good call in turning that particular B story into an A I think as this is one of the episodes I always remember from DS9 (even if I'm not a fan of the fathers accent).

Rico

They played with different accents for Bashir's father and settled on the one he used (East London?).

billybob476

Indeed this has always been quite a memorable episode of DS9 for me. It gives a very cool and interesting twist to the doctor's character. Great episode Rico and everyone who contributed. I hope to get back to contributing regularly soon!

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on November 20, 2009, 05:25:16 AM
They played with different accents for Bashir's father and settled on the one he used (East London?).

I think it's what I see as a TV charicature of an East London accent. Something about it just doesn't sit quite right with me but that may be simply because it's on an American show.

I suspect I wouldn't even notice if I heard it in the street.

wraith1701

AWESOME! I've been crazy-busy over the last 3 months, and have just realized a plus side to it: I've got a back-log of TISF podcasts to catch up on! It's like Xmas in November.  ;D