Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Started by davekill, August 01, 2010, 11:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

One favorite movie of mine is Blast from the Past.
A romantic comedy set during a time When family bomb shelters where all the rage at the height of the cold war.

Looking back those fears seem almost silly today, just as the "Y2K Computer Armageddon" scare that spooked a lot of folks.

Now as another ominous milestone approaches - the predictions of 2012, a company called Vivos is betting on a bomb shelter revival in a big way.
Vivos is selling memberships in a chain underground Noah's Arks.
The example featured on their web site is a vintage secret government fallout shelter in the remote Mohave Desert. It is being upgraded to luxury cruise ship comfort.

So what do you think, for $50k co-ownership ($25k per child) are you ready to sign up, jump in a hole and pull the lid closed? Or is that on-coming train really just the light at the end of the tunnel?

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." - REM.

"Our network of hardened, nuclear blast proof shelters will provide for up to one year of autonomous underground survival for 200 people in each Vivos shelter".

"Vivos is in a race against time to complete construction and commissioning of a global network of underground community shelters prior to the predicted December 21, 2012 Mayan date. While this date is the impetus for completing Vivos, the envisioned catastrophic events can happen without notice, this year, next, in 2012, 2029, 2036, or even 100 years thereafter".

http://www.terravivos.com/

Blackride

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

ChadH

I was reading an article about this group recently. Bunch pf crackpots IMO. Capitalizing on imaginary 2012 diaster predictions.