Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 13, 2010, 12:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on October 20, 2010, 08:34:32 AM
Quote from: Rico on October 20, 2010, 08:00:40 AM
I just thought with the iPad now you might have gone over to the darkside!  ;)

I thought based on the last podcast YOU would be going over Rico!

Eventually.  But I doubt I'll be reading books on it.

P.S.  Sorry for the divergence from the main topic - the game!

Blackride

I LOVE the new TV commerical. LOVE it!
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

Some of the package and goodies!

loutzee

I enjoyed the first one but this comes out the same time as fable 3 ,so I'm going for a bit of game monogamy and will pick this later.
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."

QuadShot

They guy who did the motion capture acting for the main character played in the 2007 Stephen King movie the Mist.  Pretty cool!!

X

Quote from: QuadShot on October 26, 2010, 03:43:41 PM
They guy who did the motion capture acting for the main character played in the 2007 Stephen King movie the Mist.  Pretty cool!!
He was also Doomsday in Smallville

Rico

Seems like a deal here on the PC version although it's a UK import (not sure if that would cause any issues).  But only $29.95.  I've heard the game is very nice looking but also very short - like 5-6 hours of gameplay.

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=121073849&extid=Nov1210

Jobydrone

Has anyone played this yet?  This game has been pretty universally panned for lack of depth in gameplay, but most video game reviewers are so young these days they have a very different view of Star Wars than real fans.  I would be very interested to see how a real Star Wars fanatic feels about the game.  I did enjoy the first one alot, but eveyone is saying the first one was much better.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Yeah based on reviews (even from hardcore fans like Arnie over at SWAN) are pretty negative. Maybe when the gamer is in the bargain bin I'll take a look. I'm not going to play a bad video game, Star Wars or not.

Jobydrone

I feel the same way, if I can pick it up for 10-20 bucks then it will be worth it just for the story and cut scenes regardless of how bad the game is.  Until then I'm passing.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on December 01, 2010, 10:26:12 AM
Yeah based on reviews (even from hardcore fans like Arnie over at SWAN) are pretty negative. Maybe when the gamer is in the bargain bin I'll take a look. I'm not going to play a bad video game, Star Wars or not.

Yeah, I have heard his an other reviews about the short game play, but I don't understand how/why people sit down and rip through these games so quickly. I mean people try and beat it as fast as possible and sit and play for 5 hours straight? I'd much rather take my time and enjoy it. My younger brother in college gets a new game and plays it all night just to beat it before his friends. It's like gaming OCD, it's wierd.

Rico

Arnie and Marjorie reviewed it on Star Wars Action News and Arnie basically said similar things.  A good game - but pretty short.  And short even if you are not trying to blow through it. Six hours or so of gameplay for a $60 game is a bit steep.  But at $30, it should be worth it.  They did say the game is gorgeous looking but might be pushing the XBOX 360 graphics a bit.  The PS3 might be able to handle the game a bit better - if you have that option.

X

Quote from: Bryancd on December 01, 2010, 11:11:56 AM
Quote from: billybob476 on December 01, 2010, 10:26:12 AM

Yeah, I have heard his an other reviews about the short game play, but I don't understand how/why people sit down and rip through these games so quickly. I mean people try and beat it as fast as possible and sit and play for 5 hours straight? I'd much rather take my time and enjoy it. My younger brother in college gets a new game and plays it all night just to beat it before his friends. It's like gaming OCD, it's wierd.
A good game, like a good book can suck you into it. I beat fable 3 in less than two days because I was trying to find out what happened next.

Feathers

I nearly bought it yesterday (looking for something to play on the 360 after Christmas) but settled for the first one at a large discount.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.