New "Hawaii Five-0"

Started by Rico, September 20, 2010, 04:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Vartok

Old Hawaii 50 is on Hulu if you want to compare.  Holds up reasonably well.  And it had an iconic music theme, and "Book Him Dano!"

V

Vartok

Wow, just watched that trailer, it is definitely an homage to the original, including updated version of the theme song and lots of scenes from the original.

sheldor

I was impressed also.  James Marsden was the bad guy in the pilot - small part.  Something tells me, he'll be back.   They nailed the theme song.

jedijeff

I watched and thought it was pretty good. Looks like it will be a fun Police show with a lot of action. I don't watch a lot of police type dramas, so I prefer the ones that are not as heavy in story and not a lot of procedure to them. Plus having Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim, I am pretty familiar with them as Actors, so it helped me get into this series much easier.

Ktrek

It seems a little too much like NCIS LA to me but it wasn't a bad pilot by any means. Just more of the same ol' same ol'. It had some nice shots of Hawaii but I really loath that yellow filter and the way most action sequences are done now days. Grace Park looked pretty nice but a little over the top and unbelievable. The theme song was a very nice updated version.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Darkmolerman

I actually like this show, so far they are a bit off in some parts but great. Defiantly not a great show but I think I am sticking with it. It is the "I KNOW THERE!!!" high you get when there is a home town show. They are doing the same thing the original 5-O did, one scene is at ala Moana, then suddenly waikiki. Granted their base is in a historic landmark (or at lease a place you couldn't set up headquarters) The only issue I have with the show is they use a Hawaiian word (ha'oule) as if it were racist, it means "foreign" yet they use it twice with the tone of accusation. Oh and they call the Pidgen Language bird but that might be a new name?

EDIT: Haha woops got my facts wrong, people do work in that building, it is in a very tourist trap part of town so I figured it was special
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper