Star Trek Mistakes

Started by Dangelus, September 30, 2010, 05:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

I was scouring YouTube last night at work and cane across this series of what I can only describe as a visual nitpick at plot and continuity errors in Trek that I found highly entertaining.

The author uses clips from the shows to highlight the mistakes in a fun way. There are 5 sets to watch, here is the first:

Star Trek Movie Mistakes Part 1/5

billybob476

A friend of mine in high school had the TNG nitpicker's guide. That was such a fun book to skim over before watching an episode.

Dangelus

Yeah I've got them, a great read. This is like that in pictures! I think he has also done some recut scenes but not had a chance to watch these and don't know what they are about.

I wish I had cool editing skills! :)

davekill

I had a double cassette audio version of TNG nitpicker's guide from Simon and Schuster. If i remember correctly, featured Dwight Shultz and Marina Sirtis.
The tapes wore out pretty fast.

KingIsaacLinksr

A lot of those can be explained away (like Picard wanting revenge, I mean cmon, he's only human and he could have lied through his teeth at the hearing).  And Data getting old is Spiner not aging that well.

But over 8 years the amount that they did get right far outweighs the amount that they got wrong. 

King :)
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

I know, it's just a bit of fun Tim. Don't over analyse ;)

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Dangelus on September 30, 2010, 08:23:54 AM
I know, it's just a bit of fun Tim. Don't over analyse ;)

I know, I know :)  I'm not being too analytical.  Although I like watching those cause I'll see something I missed/forget when I watch ST.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

I always disliked those nit pick guides.. guess I wanted to enjoy the episodes and not hear about all the little mistakes.