Imperial Armory Stormtrooper E-11 Blaster!

Started by Bryancd, May 21, 2012, 03:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Late last year I bought a fan made PVC/resin on e-bay and although it's nice, I was a little underwhelmed by it. In searching for a replacement, I got in contact with a new builder over at the RPF who was just about ready to start offering a run of resin and metal E-11's with stands at a a great price. And all I can say is WOW! I believe this is the first E-11 they have delivered to a customer and I can't say enough about how great the product is and how terrific it was to work with John and his crew. He was very communicative, followed up with me frequently as the project was coming together, and delivered exactly what was promised. I really terrific resin and metal E-11 replica with a great lucite stand, numbered plaque, and certificate of authenticity (nice touch!).

The vaster has a wonderful weight to it, not too light but not over the top heavy like a real sterling. The resin parts feel super solid, casting is free of imperfections or bubbles, and the metal parts had really pull it all together. The bolt even pulls back a few inches, a very cool play feature for an otherwise static piece. I am so very happy with this and for the price, this is an amazing package deal.

Rico

Bryancd

Yeah, these guys did a really nice job. And all in I think this was like $300 or so? This is my favorite version of the ANH E-11. MR did their version without the cylinders and coiled wires on top of the ammo mag and I always really liked that extra bit of detail. I felt it gave the gun a more techno look as opposed to looking like an actual firearm..which it was. Here are some more pics.

Bromptonboy

Wow, that is really cool.  Looks like a British STEN gun from WW2.  :)
Pete

Bryancd

Quote from: Bromptonboy on May 21, 2012, 05:30:06 PM
Wow, that is really cool.  Looks like a British STEN gun from WW2.  :)

They are built of a British Sterling sub machine gun, Pete. :)

jedijeff

Wow, this thing looks fantastic. Great buy, great price. They put a lot of care into making it.