iPhone 5

Started by Rico, June 01, 2012, 05:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

No doubt. It doesn't affect all apps either as some do scale anyway.

Bryancd

Well, 90% of the coverage this morning on CNBC is the retail launch of the iPhone 5 with analysts, pundits, and images from lines at stored dominating the news. Say what you may about Apple, their products, this phone, but that is really quite extraordinary. Very few technology products create an "event" like Apple products do. An therein lies the power of the brand.

QuadShot

Dangelus

Quote from: Bryancd on September 21, 2012, 07:49:40 AM
Well, 90% of the coverage this morning on CNBC is the retail launch of the iPhone 5 with analysts, pundits, and images from lines at stored dominating the news. Say what you may about Apple, their products, this phone, but that is really quite extraordinary. Very few technology products create an "event" like Apple products do. An therein lies the power of the brand.

And this is probably the very thing that puts a small minority off in the first place. Apple are expert marketers and shrewd in business no doubt about it though.

Rico

Sheep!  Lemmings!!  ;)

Bryancd

Quote from: Dangelus on September 21, 2012, 08:32:04 AM

And this is probably the very thing that puts a small minority off in the first place. Apple are expert marketers and shrewd in business no doubt about it though.

Actually, it would lose a lot of the product luster if their weren't detractors. It helps fuel the passion when people develop strong opinions, one way or the other, about a product. It drives those that are loyal to be more loyal and interested in converting others to their way of thinking. This is a major part of the how and why I as in investment manager make the case for investing in Apple. They have not only the cult and cache, but the detractors are an integral part of that ecosystem as it further drives those who are fans of the product. I just sit back and enjoy the view as I personally am not very connected to technology. I still don't get a lot of people who insist and buying something first day or immediately upgrading software like maniacs or feel the need to be able to carry terabytes of data around with me all day in case I feel the need to watch a movie in HD. WTF?! I am amazed people have that much time! :)

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on September 21, 2012, 08:35:02 AM
Sheep!  Lemmings!!  ;)

More like someone whose time might have been better spent this morning hitting the treadmill...  :innocent

Dangelus

Quote from: Bryancd on September 21, 2012, 08:40:03 AM
Sheep!  Lemmings!!  ;)

More like someone whose time might have been better spent this morning hitting the treadmill...  :innocent

No that guy is no fool! Looks like he's plugging his used hardware trade in business on the shirt. Very clever.

Rico

Quote from: Dangelus on September 21, 2012, 08:42:57 AM
Sheep!  Lemmings!!  ;)

No that guy is no fool! Looks like he's plugging his used hardware trade in business on the shirt. Very clever.

I'd be wary doing business with a guy who spends hours in line for a freaking phone when you will be able to walk in soon and just buy one anytime.  :)

Bryancd

Sheep!  Lemmings!!  ;)

Good point, he is a s big as a billboard.  :)

Dangelus

Quote from: Rico on September 21, 2012, 08:47:19 AM
Sheep!  Lemmings!!  ;)

I'd be wary doing business with a guy who spends hours in line for a freaking phone when you will be able to walk in soon and just buy one anytime.  :)

Or choose not to. ;)

MARKO

My phone is out for delivery... Fed Ex should be here shortly.....EXCITED.

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bryancd

Post pics and a review!

Bromptonboy

I would like to get one of these, but there is something off putting about the mass hysteria. The guy in the picture is holding up the phone like he just earned his summa cum laude degree.  Are those guys in blue tshirts all Apple employees? 

((I think I am getting too old and jaded!))
Pete

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bromptonboy on September 21, 2012, 10:36:09 AM
I would like to get one of these, but there is something off putting about the mass hysteria. The guy in the picture is holding up the phone like he just earned his summa cum laude degree.  Are those guys in blue tshirts all Apple employees? 

((I think I am getting too old and jaded!))
Yeah those "geniuses" in the blue shirts surrounding the guy look more ridiculous than the guy holding up the phone.  What exactly are they applauding? 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx