iPhone 5

Started by Rico, June 01, 2012, 05:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

Here you go, some perfect people celebrating.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bromptonboy

Just what is the guy in the hoodie saying?  "I would like to thank the Academy..."
Pete

moyer777

Got my iPhone 5 and Jimmy Fallon is my cousin!  Oh and I'm on drugs!

Meds

No one is perfect Rick LOL and I still maintain waving a phone around is not the greatest thing in the world. Being able to feed your family is far more worthy of a smile.

Meds

Quote from: Bryancd on September 21, 2012, 05:01:25 PM
Quote from: Dangelus on September 21, 2012, 04:59:33 PM
This threads lost it's way like it's using Apple maps! I quit lol

For The Win!!!  :roflmao

Well played, sir. :)

You guys kill me LOL

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 22, 2012, 12:58:42 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on September 21, 2012, 05:01:25 PM
Quote from: Dangelus on September 21, 2012, 04:59:33 PM
This threads lost it's way like it's using Apple maps! I quit lol

For The Win!!!  :roflmao

Well played, sir. :)

You guys kill me LOL

I love that I can come and disagree with people but it's all in a fun environment with mutual respect. You try discuss this anywhere else all you get is abuse.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: moyer777 on September 22, 2012, 08:40:16 AM
Got my iPhone 5 and Jimmy Fallon is my cousin!  Oh and I'm on drugs!
Hah!  I do see that resemblance. 
Pete

Bryancd

Over 5 million sold over the weekend, ahead of most expectations.

Rico

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 22, 2012, 12:56:31 PM
No one is perfect Rick LOL and I still maintain waving a phone around is not the greatest thing in the world. Being able to feed your family is far more worthy of a smile.

Well said Meds - and I agree completely.

Ktrek

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 22, 2012, 12:56:31 PM

Speaking of which...the other day I had waited on a family to check them out. They had bought four brand new smart phones for their family and data and service plan (over $200 a month). They had over 200 dollars of groceries in the cart and most of it was junk food. When they went to pay for it they pulled out a food stamp card and paid $111.00 of it with that. It just really irks me that people can afford smart phones and high monthly charges and are on food stamps. Something wrong with that picture!  >:( I hate abuse and I especially hate that my wife and I work so hard to make ends meet and we are helping to support people like that. It bites!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Again, I agree completely Kevin.  Where my wife Lynn teaches at they have subsidized breakfast and lunch programs for many kids of low income.  Those kids can't seem to afford a lunch but they darn well have the latest smart phone in their pocket.  Crazy!

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on September 24, 2012, 08:31:25 AM
Again, I agree completely Kevin.  Where my wife Lynn teaches at they have subsidized breakfast and lunch programs for many kids of low income.  Those kids can't seem to afford a lunch but they darn well have the latest smart phone in their pocket.  Crazy!

Yep, something I am constantly shocked/alarmed/flabbergasted about all the time. Amazing what people will pay money they don't have for.

jedijeff

That seems to be the way everywhere, even here in Canada, same thing. People on Social Assistance seem to have a lot of the nice toys, well the rest of us do without as we are making ends meet. I know in the city I live in, people on assistance get free gym memberships, but me who pays taxes for the rec centre has to pay a high fee if I want to use it, and a lot of people can't afford to use it.

Jobydrone

I'll take this moment to count my blessings:  I have a beautiful wife and children, a warm house, the support and warm generosity from my extended family, and I am lucky enough to have a decent job that allows, even with all the bills and monthly payments required that stress and strain us on a regular basis, a probably more than healthy investment towards the "entertainment" line item in our family budget.  I am thankful that assistance programs exist for those that need them even as abuses may sometimes occur, as I am also grateful that neither the economy nor the extremely fickle circumstances of life have ever forced me or my family of the necessity to avail ourselves of what they offer.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

moyer777

Many years ago I had to go on food stamps.  I had lost my job and was looking for work, but on $900 unemployment per month we weren't making ends meet.  It was humiliating and hard to ask for help, but I'm glad now that I did.  I wouldn't buy junk food with the stamps, only good for you food.  I was grateful that it pulled us through for two months.  I have seen a lot of abuse in the town I live in and have seen the exact things you have observed.  But speaking as a person who was in the system for a bit, it isn't easy.  Of course we didn't have smart phones back in 91, so I didn't have the temptation.  I know I wanted a computer!  LOL!  I was very grateful for the assistance and followed the rules, but there were a majority that were not grateful. They tended to push the limits and get the rest of us in trouble.