iPhone 5

Started by Rico, June 01, 2012, 05:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

moyer777

Andrew and I ordered the 5 for Amy. So her birthday smiles were big.   She is still in shock.. it's the 32 gig black one.  Ships on the 16th.  Got her a Griffin indestructo Case too, in pink.   

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jobydrone

I'm loving mine, blazing fast on LTE. Streaming Netflix and hbo on the go are a blast, and we have unlimited data still!  What a joy. Got two years of Apple care too, so no worries about damage, just can't lose it or have it stolen.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

MARKO

The LTE is amazingly fast.... how did you keep your unlimited data? It actually worked out better for me giving it up. Wife and i share four GB and they gave us unlimited minutes anywhere in the US landlines included and unlimited texts and the monthly went down $30 per month.

"Amat Victoria Curam"

Jobydrone

I dunno, Becky said the sales lady said something like "lucky you, unlimited data, we won't touch that" and there was no further discussion about data. We also have unlimited calling minutes and texting but we pay quite a lot for our two phones, $70 each per month. We figured out a long time ago though with the amount my wife texts and uses her phone it doesn't pay to have caps.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Jobydrone on November 04, 2012, 09:06:24 PM
I dunno, Becky said the sales lady said something like "lucky you, unlimited data, we won't touch that" and there was no further discussion about data. We also have unlimited calling minutes and texting but we pay quite a lot for our two phones, $70 each per month. We figured out a long time ago though with the amount my wife texts and uses her phone it doesn't pay to have caps.
Hmm, interesting.  I have the unlimited data plan on my iPhone 4 (inherited from the 3Gs).  So I suppose I can keep it if I upgrade in March.
Pete

Jobydrone

There are certain features that are not available on the unlimited data plan, such as personal hotspot (tethering) and FaceTime over cellular networks, but neither of those make me even consider giving up unlimited data. Once it's gone it's gone forever.

Rico

How much data per month are you unlimited guys using that isn't over Wi-Fi?

MARKO

Quote from: Jobydrone on November 04, 2012, 09:06:24 PM

$70 per isn't  allot that is normal actually i think most pay more.....i pre-ordered  the iPhone from Apple so i was unable to keep my unlimited. But checking my bill every month i don't even come close to using the 4GB cap....i am mostly on wi-fi at work so i rarely go over a GB.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Jobydrone

Quote from: Rico on November 05, 2012, 08:41:31 AM
Probably nowhere near the caps but now that streaming video is so improved over the LTE network I imagine I will be using alot more.

Meds

Amazing that the 5 has been available for just three months & not available yet in some countries rumours are surfacing about the 5s. Good grief.

Apparently back covers for the 5s show it's similar but with slightly different connections to the base. Of course it could be concept models for the 6 as designs would be underway. Who knows.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Rico on November 05, 2012, 08:41:31 AM
Very little - I am nowhere near using much of the data plan.  I think I have only once watched a movie over Netflix.  I really don't need it, but hate to give up grandfathered plan in case my habits change.
Once my contract is up in March, I may even look at the new Windows phones.  We'll see..
Pete

Bryancd

I have Verizon 2GB $30/month plan and have never gone over that, not really even that close.

KingIsaacLinksr

Having used AT&T's 2GB plan, the only thing that caused me to come close was iTunes Match downloading over 3G. Which happened often even though I had it disabled in the settings (its a very buggy service). Otherwise, you should be fine with the smaller plans as long as your not downloading HD movies over 3G.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

On my 6 GB plan I went over once, but I was downloading all my podcasts over 3G, streaming two hours of audio every day and really going out of my way to use a lot of data.