Upcoming podcast and Skype call (10/21) info

Started by Rico, October 18, 2006, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

(Repost from the main page that I just posted up)

No time for a new podcast for the midweek today folks, but I will be hosting a live Skype call this coming Saturday night, October 21st starting at 7pm Eastern time.  The first folks there will get to join in the call that I will be recording for a podcast.  The subjects will be current Sci-Fi TV shows (like "Galactica", "Heroes") and our hopes for upcoming SF/Fantasy films like "Eragon" and "Pans Labyrinth."  My Skype user id is:  treksf.  Hope you can stop by for the chat!

wso32

Hi Rico.  Id love to participate in the Skype call but with the six hour time difference (Paris, France), I dont think Ill be able to participate.  Looking forward to the new podcast though!

:vulcan

Rico

The funny thing the last few of these calls I did earlier in the day around 1-2pm my time.  But don't worry, I will do another at an earlier time in the near future.

Jobydrone

Ah well, unfortunately my wife has signed us up to participate in the "Light Up the Night" cancer walk for children with leukemia this Saturday night, so I likely won't be able to make it.  It's just as well as I'm not up on the recent sci-fi you listed as the topics, and I likely won't see Eragon although Pan's Labyrinth looks promising.  I am almost done with season one of Galactica, though, four more eps to go!  I do want to do a Skype call sometime soon...hopefully one about Star Trek!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on October 18, 2006, 02:35:16 PM
Ah well, unfortunately my wife has signed us up to participate in the "Light Up the Night" cancer walk for children with leukemia this Saturday night,

I don't think this is unfortunate.. this is a great thing you and your wife are doing.  :cheers

There will be many more skype calls in the future.

Rico

No problem Joby - but we will miss you.  Good luck with the walk!

Jobydrone

Thanks everyone, I'm still not sure what the story is, though...my wife is trying to get out of our committment for this.  As much as it is a good cause and all, she is a social worker for an oncology center at a major children's hospital in Philadelphia so she does alot of work every day for kids with cancer.  Saturday is one of her few days off so she is a bit P.O.'d that she has to do this work related event this weekend.  If she can get out of it she will and I'll try to make it for the call.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

duken

Heroes is so my thing.....Check out ELR forums..

Im so gonna be there

I think its 5 max right?

Rico

I think it still is 5 max.  I'll probably be getting setup around 6:45pm or so.  Try to be on Skype then and I will add in those that I see.  I'll save a slot for you duken.  ;)

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: duken on October 19, 2006, 07:20:04 PM
Heroes is so my thing.....Check out ELR forums..

Im so gonna be there

I think its 5 max right?

Hey Duken.. fellow Heroes fan here.. what doest ELR stand for??

Rico

ELR is Extralife Radio run by Scott Johnson.  Great website and podcast.  Scott basically was one of the guys that got me interested in starting my own podcast.  Check it all out here:   http://www.myextralife.com/

Rico

Don't forget about this call in a few hours gang.  Hope to have a good group to talk with.

duken

Quote from: Rico on October 20, 2006, 06:38:33 AM
I think it still is 5 max.  I'll probably be getting setup around 6:45pm or so.  Try to be on Skype then and I will add in those that I see.  I'll save a slot for you duken.  ;)

ill be on earlier if you want to talk :D

Chrystabel

Sorry that I was late, you guys, but thanks for letting me participate at the end.  I look forward to listening to your Heroes and BG discussion on the podcast!
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Rico

Was fun everyone!  Thanks to those that could make it.  I'll edit the show up a bit and post it up tomorrow for the weekly podcast.