iOS 6 this week..

Started by Bryancd, September 19, 2012, 10:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on September 27, 2012, 08:18:15 AM
And that causes problem when companies like Apple don't like competition.

Your so funny. Can you point out one company that does like competition? Kicking and screaming my goal is to drag you into business enlightenment! :)

QuadShot

Quote from: Bryancd on September 27, 2012, 08:23:01 AM
Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on September 27, 2012, 08:18:15 AM
And that causes problem when companies like Apple don't like competition.

Your so funny. Can you point out one company that does like competition? Kicking and screaming my goal is to drag you into business enlightenment! :)

Ok Tim, well, you follow up a fairly rational post with THIS? You gripe that Apple fans are bashing, yet...YOU single out Apple and say "companies like Apple don't like cometition"? HELLLLLOOOOOOO....McFly! WHAT flipping company in the WORLD likes competition? Lets get flipping real here dude, I don't give a CRAP what anyone
says, NO ONE like real competition. Why the #$#$$ would a company LIKE another company threatening their profit? You say all kinds of BS like "oh competition makes for better product devlopment", or "we LOVE competition because it allows us to push ourselves to be our bestest" HORSE CRAP. And Tim, if you can't see that, then go ahead and just keep bashing Apple for getting defensive with Google. Geez Bryan, I seriously doubt you'll succeed in dragging Tim into business enlightment - because you can't make someone who's purposefully blind see again.

Bryancd

He's young, there's hope. :)

KingIsaacLinksr

Woah woah woah guys. Calm down. I know businesses don't like competition. (Although some do thrive on it) but yikes. It was more of a statement of fact that all companies don't like competition. I should have said something like "When you have businesses who are as competitive as these two, it causes problems". It was not meant as a dig at Apple, but it was badly worded so I understand why you read it that way. My bad on that one. I fixed it.

*note to self* *posting that early in the morning gets Bryan and Al on a rampage when your not thinking too clearly* ;)
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on September 27, 2012, 09:23:49 AM
"When you have businesses who are as competitive as these two, it causes problems".

No! It forces innovation! Ahhhhhh!!! You're killing me!  ;)

Dangelus

Quote from: QuadShot on September 27, 2012, 07:24:17 AM
Quote from: Dangelus on September 26, 2012, 10:27:38 PM
I'm reading this thinking you guys are wasting some good podcast material here! ;)

I don't have a problem with Apple doing their own maps. What I would say is that Apple's implementation isn't quite ready but they pushed it out anyway. This is not like Apple, they usually don't want to diminish the user experience. This leads me to think they have put business interests first (like pushing out Google from iOS) before the customer.

Of course they will improve and like Al stated, Google maps were a pile of crap until they were heavily worked on and invested in. They'll get there. They're hiring ex Google map people as we speak.

If I don't like something I'll say it regardless of if I'm a "fan" of the property / company or not and so would they majority of consumers. The very small minority of diehards out there will excuse anything from their particular "thing" and that's what gets reported. Again this is a very small minority augmented by particularly unbiased news reporting.

I agree Dan, very much so. I really like Apple products, but I am no more loyal to them then they are to me. I've had only a very few issues over the years, and I've not been clamped mouthed about them. If I have an issue, I say it. And Dan, I think you should podcast about this! Maybe have a round table of sorts - Apple fans and not so much Apple fans!

I'd LOVE to get you guys on TeknoCratik to discuss all this, it would be fascinating. Although I'm really scared it will:

a) turn into an audio brawl
b) involve a HUGE amount of editing
c) I'll have to go out and find a really effective "bleep" sound effect

;)

Bryancd

I'm in! I promise to mind my P's and Q's. :) Al I can't vouch for, dudes a loose cannon. ;)

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Bryancd on September 27, 2012, 09:49:00 AM
"When you have businesses who are as competitive as these two, it causes problems".

*facepalm* Gahhh....is it even worth trying to clarify my point or am I just digging a deeper hole? ;) Although I can't even remember wht the original point was now...
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on September 27, 2012, 10:10:54 AM

*facepalm* Gahhh....is it even worth trying to clarify my point or am I just digging a deeper hole? ;) Although I can't even remember wht the original point was now...

Save it for the show, this is good stuff! ;)

QuadShot

Quote from: Bryancd on September 27, 2012, 10:02:53 AM
I'm in! I promise to mind my P's and Q's. :) Al I can't vouch for, dudes a loose cannon. ;)

I prefer "Social Filter Challenged" thank you very much! :)

QuadShot

Quote from: Dangelus on September 27, 2012, 10:14:40 AM
Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on September 27, 2012, 10:10:54 AM

Save it for the show, this is good stuff! ;)

Dan, I have a pretty good "BLEEP" effect I can send you...:)

X

Lol. I remember a time less than twenty four months ago when king and apple were bffs.

QuadShot

...It was not meant as a dig at Apple...*note to self* *posting that early in the morning gets Bryan and Al on a rampage when your not thinking too clearly* ;)

Of course it was meant as a "dig" at Apple. It certainly wasn't a compliment. And that's ok. There are those who are fans of Apple and believe that they offer a great product, a great business model and when they DO release something that's a little...boinked, they will fix it or get rid of it. Then there are those who, well, lets just say have been led astray from the TRUE path :)

QuadShot

Quote from: X on September 27, 2012, 11:16:29 AM
Lol. I remember a time less than twenty four months ago when king and apple were bffs.

X, that was before he shaved his head and started following the WRONG path! :) :) LOL

X

He has been a little sithy as of late, but Apple is assuredly not the true path. They are fantastic at leveraging existing tech into a fun and functional form, but I'm hard pressed to find something innovative on the tech side from them. Having researched a bit, the are good at folding other tech into a new product, but aren't really inventing much these days.

Everything from the click wheel to the UI is from other companies and folded into a package.