iPhone 5S/6?

Started by KingIsaacLinksr, April 04, 2013, 12:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: Ktrek on August 26, 2014, 09:24:07 PM
Looks like if you are wanting the larger screen of the Iphone 6 you will have to wait about another 6 months. There is an issue with touch sensitivity on the edges of the screen. So, back to the drawing board.

Kevin

Rumor or fact? I have had similar things, but nothing confirmed yet. Heck, I don't think they have even officially confirmed a bigger screen yet.

Bromptonboy

Yes I just came across that 128GB rumor.  The 4.6" screen might suit my tastes, I'll have to wait and see.  This liquid metal I read about sounds intriguing - very 'terminator-esque'..   :)
Pete

Ktrek

Quote from: Rico on August 27, 2014, 03:59:03 AM

Rumor or fact? I have had similar things, but nothing confirmed yet. Heck, I don't think they have even officially confirmed a bigger screen yet.

It's rumour but from analyst Ming-Chi Kuo who has a pretty good record when he reports. In any case we will all know in September. I've also heard similar things at the store so my personal opinion is that the large screen will be delayed. Probably until 2015.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Lots of other big phones do it, why would it be so hard to do for Apple?

Bromptonboy

What I would really love, but will never see from Apple - is a MicroSD slot..
Pete

Ktrek

Quote from: Rico on August 27, 2014, 09:42:17 AM
Lots of other big phones do it, why would it be so hard to do for Apple?

Rico - I think it has something to do with that new material they are using for the screen. The sapphire screen is what I think they call it.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Yeah, I have heard that too. Guess we will know for sure soon.

Jobydrone

Quote from: Rico on August 28, 2014, 03:43:23 AM
Yeah, I have heard that too. Guess we will know for sure soon.
9/9 to be specific.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Hopefully this sluggish iPhone 4 of mine will make it to that date.
Pete

Rico

Is 9/9 the announcement day or the possible day you can get the new phones? 

Bromptonboy

I think it is the rumored announcement day.
Pete

Rico

DOH!  I was looking at August.  Yeah, 9/9 is a Tuesday.  Makes sense.

Bromptonboy

Wouldn't you know it!  My old iPhone 4 (which can barely start apps these days) is starting to crackle loudly during calls.  I just need a few more weeks out of it!
Pete

moyer777

yes Pete, my 4s is on it's last legs, I used the crud out of it.  I am holding out the the Iphone 6, I wast the bigger screened one.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Ktrek

Quote from: moyer777 on August 30, 2014, 05:47:50 PMI wast the bigger screened one.

Do woo weawy? Or do you want to go wabbit hunting? ROFL!!!