Twitter - community blog - sort of

Started by Rico, February 19, 2007, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

No one I know but it's entirely possible.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

wraith1701

Be advised, fellow Twitterites-   someone is trying to run a phishing scam posing as an official Twitter rep/entity.

Quote from:  Twitter
Don't Click That Link! 55 minutes ago
Twitter Engineering and Operations are on the case but if you receive a Direct Message with a blogspot.com link in it that redirects to what seems like Twitter.com do not enter your Twitter credentials. If you look at the URL, you'll notice that it is not really Twitter but twitter.access-logins.com—a sketchy phishing site.

Meds

Every where you go there is someone out there to mess you around.

Feathers

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 03, 2009, 01:55:46 PM
Hey All.. is scholaire someone on this forum.. they just started following me and I noticed they are following Rico and Meds also... just want to see if I should follow them.
From the Tweet content I'm guessing t's Rob :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Feathers on January 05, 2009, 07:38:46 AM
Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 03, 2009, 01:55:46 PM
Hey All.. is scholaire someone on this forum.. they just started following me and I noticed they are following Rico and Meds also... just want to see if I should follow them.
From the Tweet content I'm guessing t's Rob :)

Yes it's Rob.. he mentioned Tam :)

Meds

Does anyone know who Francisco J Nieves  (fnieves1 ) is. He's following me but i have no idea who the chap is?

Geekyfanboy

I have about 150 followers who I don't know.. just part of the twitter community.

billybob476

Yeah there's a bunch I don't know who follow me, basically if it looks like they aren't blatantly a bot or someone jsut plugging their blog I follow them back.

Geekyfanboy

I limit who I follow.. I think I'm following about 97 people.. but sometime when I live my computer for a few hours I have have six or seven pages of new twit..

Jen

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on January 05, 2009, 09:51:18 AM
Does anyone know who Francisco J Nieves  (fnieves1 ) is. He's following me but i have no idea who the chap is?

Sometimes Twitter members use tags to look for people the think they would want to follow. If you used a word that he used as a tag, it's possible that is why he is now following you. That happened to me a few times. In fact, Owen Lars started following me...LOL. Guess I mentioned Star Wars too many times.  I usually read their Tweets and if they aren't a salesman or a corporation I keep them. But I don't have nearly the number of people following me that Kenny has.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I had Jesus following me for a few days after I started following Father Rodrick. It only took a few days before he realized that was a mistake and stopped following me.

Jen

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 05, 2009, 10:23:50 AM
Yeah I had Jesus following me for a few days after I started following Father Rodrick. It only took a few days before he realized that was a mistake and stopped following me.

LOL, could be a Spanish name, pronounced "Heysuse"... It does mean Jesus, but it's a Hispanic cultural thing. But I guess it depends on the Twitter posts. Has he Tweeted the Golden Rule (love one another as I have loved you)? ;)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

I have alot of followers because of The Guild and Felicia.. she mentioned me in one of her twits and I gained about 70 people in a few days.. the power of Felicia Day.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jen on January 05, 2009, 10:26:45 AM
Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 05, 2009, 10:23:50 AM
LOL, could be a Spanish name, pronounced "Heysuse"... It does mean Jesus, but it's a Hispanic name. But I guess it depends on the Twitter posts. Has he Tweeted the Golden Rule (love one another as I have loved you)? ;)

Oh no it was the real Jesus.. :) I could tell from his twits.

http://twitter.com/Jesus_

Jen

Wow... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, Kenny. I just read a few posts and they seem okay, but I obviously haven't read them all...As a believer I would feel strange if I had to "block Jesus", because the dude pretending to be him says something that isn't at all accurate. I wish people wouldn't do that...it's sort of creepy.  :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast