Twitter - community blog - sort of

Started by Rico, February 19, 2007, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkygeek

Here is a really cool website for all you Twitter stat fans.
http://tweetstats.com/

I can't find any way to post the results on this forum but:
I tweet an average of 5 tweets a a day
Thursday is my busiest tweet day
I tweet most at around 1pm
35% of my tweets are @ replies
And 601 of my 1012 tweets have come from the mobile web.

This site is quite addictive really and does give other stats. Enjoy
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Jen

I was making 6.8 Tweets a day. I cut back so I wouldn't get in trouble at work.
Looks like I tweeted 8 am-4 pm but Friday was the most popular. Probably because I'm in a good mood at that point. It looks like I reply the most to Billybob and Kenny. :D
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KC

I'm only making 3.2 tweets per day? How is that possible? I thought I was tweeting non-stop. Oh well... it's good to know that it's not as excessive as I thought it was. ;)

wraith1701

Thanks for the link; really cool site.  Looks like my tweeting is strongest on Tuesdays, then drops off steadily as the week wears on. 

Meds

Oh dear mine is terrible. Trouble is in my work i dont work with a computer, my mobile phone cant handle twiter and so i only ever tweet when i get home. Ah for an iphone.

Trekkygeek

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on January 12, 2009, 03:35:41 PM
Oh dear mine is terrible. Trouble is in my work i dont work with a computer, my mobile phone cant handle twiter and so i only ever tweet when i get home. Ah for an iphone.

It's probably a good thing Meds. I pretty much only update from my phone as I don't have access to a computer for being out on the streets all day and I always have to take time out during work to update my Twitter and Facbook, much to the confusion and amusement of my work colleagues. : )
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Meds

I can update my Facebook status quite easily on my phone but for some reason i cant do twitter.

Trekkygeek

You're able to view the net from your phone? What make and model do you have?

Meds

Sony Ericsson w890i I hate the thing. It looks god, it feels good but if i go on the internet and say download a page to a folder on my ophone it corrupts all the photos, so i then have to turn it off, turn it on again and then it works. O2 sucks at times.

Trekkygeek

Have you tried installinig Opera Mini instead of using the phones browser? It's far superior and I have very few problems with it. I'm also with O2 and have the unlimited internet plan which is something you may want to consider. YOu could also ask for an upgraded phone. I have the BlackBerry Curve and it's just perfect for updating my social doings.

Meds

I'm on contract till October so i can upgrade in September. I've taken this back to them twice now and i'm still not satisfied with it. I pay £35 a month and have a internet bolt on. Will check out Opera, cheers Tim.

Feathers

I'm using a twitter native client on the iPhone but the mobile Twitted site is equally good. Used that on both iPhone and my Windows Mobile phone. I'm surprised it doesn't work on yours Meds but if you can get hold of Opera it may well sort you out.

So far I'm finding O2 better (for coverage) than Virgin ever was.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

I dont really have aproblem with o2, my little branch in town is great its just so annoying that because i'm contracted they just take it away fiddle with it and give it me back saying oh its been upgraded and then the little red light come on and the darn thing just freezes. Its not just me either, forums on this phone are full of similar problems. Iphone will be mine by September. Well if i still have a jov ha ha.
Will take a look at this Opera Mini. Can i get that via o2 internet?

Trekkygeek

Yes Meds.
Just Google mini opera from the phone and it's easy to install.
Then you just use it to log into your Twitter and then bookmark it.
Honestly mate, Opera mini is the best phone browser out there, and if Apple weren't so closed, I'd install it on my ipod touch. Safari sucks. *Looks at Feathers guiltily*

Meds

I'm using mini opera now on my phone. Wonder if it works.