What's everyone reading?

Started by Rico, March 15, 2007, 05:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boothanew

I wanted to read the Harry potter series but i'm just now getting around to it and i'm on book 5. :D
i'm addicted now though.
You should look at my full list before judging my musical taste...i'm quite eclectic.

billybob476

Started Death Star, all I'll say until we start talking is "interesting"

Jen

Hey...no reading ahead. They made me stop.  :D
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Boothanew on November 16, 2007, 12:55:27 PM
I wanted to read the Harry potter series but i'm just now getting around to it and i'm on book 5. :D
i'm addicted now though.

You are in for a real treat... the HP series alot of fun.. I got into it with book four came out and have read/listen to them many many times now.

Boothanew

well...i tried reading them when the first book came out..but my mom was so against me reading them then..haha.
i'd read the first and second one before when iwas younger..but started over and just wanted to read them all.
You should look at my full list before judging my musical taste...i'm quite eclectic.

billybob476

Quote from: Jen on November 16, 2007, 01:10:14 PM
Hey...no reading ahead. They made me stop.  :D

Just figured I'd get a head start since I don't have a holiday weekend coming up!

Geekyfanboy

I just finished The Golden Compass.. wow what a depressing ending.. if you can call it an ending. Luckily I have the next two novels. Now it's on to the Subtle Knife.

Bryancd

I am on book 4 of the Legacy of the Force Series "Exile". I have really been enjoying these. What's great is that you don't need to have read all the New Jedi Order books to read these. I only read the first few NJO books but man that story line dragged on way too much for me. But legacy you can pick up and go and still understand the back story.

jedijeff

I agree with you Bryan, that the Legacy of the Force series is Fantastic. I have read the first two, and really should start the next few soon. I did aread a few New Jedi Order, but agree it dragged a lot, and glad that they were really not a pre req for this series.

Rico

You have some fun reading ahead for the LOTR Trilogy.  Hopefully that "Deathstar" book will get to me in the couple of days.  That's next on my reading list.

billybob476

I have tried about 6 times to get through all of LOTR. I just can't do it. The furthest I've gotten so far is a little over halfway through Two Towers. I don't know why, I love fantasy, I love the world, I just can't read all the way through.

Jen

Quote from: billybob476 on November 21, 2007, 05:46:14 AM
I have tried about 6 times to get through all of LOTR. I just can't do it. The furthest I've gotten so far is a little over halfway through Two Towers. I don't know why, I love fantasy, I love the world, I just can't read all the way through.

Me too. I also stopped halfway through Two Towers. I love the writing style, but I started reading another book at the same time (LOTR at lunch and the other book at night). Then I just didn't have time to do that and had to choose one over the other. I don't even remember the book I dropped The Two Towers for. Sad huh?
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: billybob476 on November 21, 2007, 05:46:14 AM

You guys should try the audiobooks. I have now listening to the entire series three times and I love it.

jedijeff

Actually I am the same as Jen and Billybob, I got midway through the Two Towers and stopped. Not really sure why, as out of the 3 movies the Two Towers was my favorite. I do hope to try again some time, as I really do want to learn more then what I saw in the movies about Lord of the Rings.

PepperDude

Wow I found The Two Towers to be quite exciting--certainly a lot more than the first book.

I received my copy of Death Star yesterday. Since I'm a slow reader I started reading it today.