What's everyone reading?

Started by Rico, March 15, 2007, 05:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Quote from: Jen on November 03, 2007, 04:08:38 PM
Quote from: billybob476 on November 02, 2007, 11:59:11 AM
Quote from: Jen on November 02, 2007, 11:51:11 AM
Star Wars: Death Star.

That is so on my list once I catch up on Legacy of the Force. How do you like it so far?
We should start a little Star Wars book club. I'm looking forward to reading the next Darth Bane novel, maybe we could start with that one. I know a few other members have expressed an interest in it.

I'd be down with that. I was waiting for the SWAN book club to get going, but I think I'd like to do the newer books instead of re reading the books I've read many times already.

wraith1701

I just finished "Before Dishonor" last night.  Outstanding book!
As always, Peter David hit the ball out of the park with this one.  Tensions that have been building up over the last 2 books come to a head, and the status quo of the Star Trek universe is altered in a pretty major way. 

Unfortunately, some fans might be upset by some of the things that occur in the story.  David doesn't pull any punches.  But to me, this is better than having a story in which nothing really happens.  If you are a Next Gen fan, I strongly recommend that you check out this book.  To get the full effect, however, you should read "Resistance" and "Q & A" first.

Quote from: Jen on November 03, 2007, 04:08:38 PM
We should start a little Star Wars book club. I'm looking forward to reading the next Darth Bane novel, maybe we could start with that one. I know a few other members have expressed an interest in it.

I'm in.  And if it works out o.k., maybe we could include a skype roundtable discussion in a future podcast.  What do you think, Rico?

Jen

Great idea.  Though I pretty much stick to Star Wars novels, I just finished "Star Trek: The Good Men Do". Excellent novel btw. We should mix and match genres.

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

doc

....i am reading Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson.....so far it is really good (just on page 26)...anyone read it....if so....what did you think?

billybob476

Book club is a super good idea, I'm willing to handle some of the admin duties on it. Maybe we should create a new thread to throw around some ideas?

Duffster

I am up for a Book Club. I don't read a lot of Star Wars novels, but have enjoyed the ones I read. Could we cover other books beside Star Wars novels?? I am cool with SW also, just like to read!

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Jen

Certainly, I don't read a lot of Trek Books but I do read a smattering...I listen to more Trek audio books .
I was going to ask you if you wanted to be apart of it. You could be our leader! :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

billybob476

Duffster

Eeeek... I'm bein railroaded son, railroaded I say. :o Although I don't mind. Would this be something like we read a few chapters each week and discuss, or give a few weeks for an entire novel??

Duffster
www.thehugonaut.com

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Duffster on November 06, 2007, 07:46:11 AM
Eeeek... I'm bein railroaded son, railroaded I say. :o Although I don't mind. Would this be something like we read a few chapters each week and discuss, or give a few weeks for an entire novel??

Duffster

OOOOO Me likely this idea as I don't have any Star Trek or Star Wars novels with me. 

I say do what you want to do.

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Duffster

I am going to create another thread for this discussion.

Duffster
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

Finished "The Golden Compass" today.  It was very, very good.  Can't wait for the movie in a few weeks.  Now on to the "Deathstar" book once it gets here from Amazon.

Geekyfanboy

I'm on chapter 18 of The Golden Compass.. I'm really enjoying it so far.

markinro

I got involved with a geeky group who want to start reading some Death Moon book :D

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast