Is everyone too busy?

Started by Jen, March 31, 2007, 06:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

I just noticed no one has written anything in the RPG for a while. Did folks loose interest or is everyone too busy? The Iconian thing has come to an end and we have a blank canvas now. Help us paint something... ;)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

I was going to post the same thing.. has the RPG run it's course?? Are people just too busy at the moment to post or just bored with the whole thing. I know it's been a busy week for me this week but I hope to post something this weekend.

moyer777

I have so many ideas for it, but it is hard because none of us know exactly what the parameters are.  You know, when I write stuff I think through it in my mind and know where I'm headed, the rough part about RPG is that you don't know where you are headed, the other factor involved is knowing just who can post with you and what characters you are dealing with.  Example- I know that if I throw Jen a little plot idea she will jump on it and I will see it in an upcoming post, as well as if she does the same for me.  BUT-  not knowing who is available when, causes the story to fall on it's face.  Have you ever played something like this where a basic scenario, without detail is presented?  That might be cool.  Like, which players have time to contribute, and a basic problem for us to overcome.   What do you think?   Maybe one of us should trade off once in awhile-- like have one person that guides the story- kind of like a project manager on Apprentice.  Maybe we could say something like... during this week the Tiberius encounters the Romulans on a planet that is geologically unstable.  Or androids from an alien ship take Commander Quinn hostage and demand 10/30 oil from the Tiberius replicators.  :)  I would be willing to do that like a week at a time. 

I for one want to know who is snoring on my couch!  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Has Keozen been on in awhile?  I do think that whoever takes the "lead" and sets the story going etc., will need to have some time available to do that.

Geekyfanboy

Keozen is going to be MIA for a while. My idea of RPG is the less structure the better.. we tried a structured story and it stalled. So I opened the story up so anything can happen and nothing has happened. I'm not sure what to do. Moyer makes some good points. When I created the "no structure story" I was hoping someone would jump in and while on our way to the Starbase they would post we encounters something.. then someone else would continue the story and so on. If you think we will get more people to participate if I create a mission then I can do so. But it seems for the moment that it's only Moyer, Jen and myself are intrested in continuing this RPG.

Jen

I like Moyer's idea. Angela has expressed very similar concerns. I would be happy to direct the story if you want, but like Moyer said we its hard to do because no one is participating. Maybe if we three just take the reigns for a while we can perk the interest of more players. I know Angela would participate more if we directed the story more. I think most folks who think of "RPG" are thinking there's a Game Master pulling the strings. He/she makes the outline and we fill in the blanks. What do you guys think?
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

iceman

I am on board just include me in the story, I still have the iconian relic perhaps we could continue researching it?

Geekyfanboy

Yes I hear what you are saying but we tried the "Game Master" way and it seemed that people stopped RPGing and felt to confind with the story. But if I open it up to everyone, you all feel that there is no direction and need more guidance. I guess the trick is we need a story/direction but not so structured that you feel you can't move anywhere.

Jen

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on April 02, 2007, 09:20:56 PM
Yes I hear what you are saying but we tried the "Game Master" way and it seemed that people stopped RPGing and felt to confind with the story. But if I open it up to everyone, you all feel that there is no direction and need more guidance. I guess the trick is we need a story/direction but not so structured that you feel you can't move anywhere.

I think that's it in a nut shell. At least, from what I've heard. Let me know if you want/need help coming up with direction. I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Oh, Iceman...I think its fine if you want to do that. I think its good to carry over some residual elements from the last story. It would help tie things up.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

ryanlb

I'm short on time, so I think I'd better pull out of the story.  Sorry, it was something I really wanted to do, but it's not really going to work for me right now.
"I won't have this handed to me, it's only worth something if you struggle for it.  Damn it, Bones, I want my pain.  I NEED my pain."
"The fact that you just quoted Star Trek V to me only proves how screwed we are without that money." ~ PVP Online

Jen

Quote from: ryanlb on April 11, 2007, 01:06:46 PM
I'm short on time, so I think I'd better pull out of the story.  Sorry, it was something I really wanted to do, but it's not really going to work for me right now.

Real life takes precedence. We'll keep your character in stasis in case you can participate in the future.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

ryanlb

Can I be put into carbon freeze? :D
"I won't have this handed to me, it's only worth something if you struggle for it.  Damn it, Bones, I want my pain.  I NEED my pain."
"The fact that you just quoted Star Trek V to me only proves how screwed we are without that money." ~ PVP Online

Jen

Quote from: ryanlb on April 12, 2007, 08:25:19 PM
Can I be put into carbon freeze? :D
Yes of course. But be warned, there are unpleasant side effects: blindness, hypothermia, and for some odd reason everyone else  develops "delusions of grandeur" while you're developing freezer burn. The side effects are not life threatening, but they can cramp your style.  ;)

Oh, and don't be offended if Brex decorates 5 Forward with your frozen form.  :D

We'll miss you in the RPG, and hope you can rejoin us soon. What would you like us to do with your character in the meantime? Do you have any preferences? Is it OK to write him in the story from time to time? Let us know what you'd like us to do with him while you're in "stasis".

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

ryanlb

Sure, feel free to write him in all you want.  I'll try and keep up with the story every few days, and jump in when I can.

Darkmolerman

Keo diden't give me the OK besides i need to wait for season 2 :)
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper